Chapter 10

~

I ran, As fast as I possibly could, avoiding any students at all costs.

The Note I held in my hand, As I headed for the doors, but halted.

Instead of going through them, I stopped, I completely froze in the middle of the hallway, merely inches away from the doors.

'What the hell am I doing? I shouldn't just go out there and reveal myself.'

Maybe they would be waiting, and Maybe they'd finally put me out of my misery and kill me, But for everyone else's sake, I couldn't just let them in.

I spun back and forth, between the doors and the empty corridor.

'Should I stay? Or Should I go? Arrgh I don't know!'

I didn't even have time to make a choice, The Large entrance doors swung wide open before I could do anything, not from me or any students, but from a certain Professor.

At the same time as me, He halted, Raising a single eyebrow at me.

"Carlisle?" He said, "What is it now? You look frightened."

I didn't even bother to say anything, Instead, I only shoved the paper into his hands and turned away again.

"I solved it, The Note, It was an Anagram," I spoke quietly to avoid growling or yelling like I usually would. "I'm going there now."

He gripped my arm after he'd finished reading, practically dragging me away from the doors.

"No, You are not." He growled. "You will be staying inside the castle until this is all over."

His grip was tight, But not unbearable or painful at all, but still, I tried and failed to pull my arm away from his, or at least loosen his grip on me.

"Oh, You really think someone like me is going to follow your rules, huh?" I smirked. 

He spun on his heel, Facing me with cold, angrier glare than ever before, one that almost reminded me of my father and how frightened I was by him.

His face right now was the exact same look my father gave me every single day, only my father's was worse.

"Do you want to stay alive or not? If not, you may as well leave for all I care."

There was complete silence, I couldn't think of anything to say, So I said nothing.

I couldn't even bear to look at that pale, angry face, I could only look to the floor below.

"Alright then, It looks like you'll be staying."

This time, When he went to grab my arm again, I dodged.

"I don't need you to drag me around, I'm perfectly capable of walking myself."

And so, He began to walk, I followed by closely, In an awkward silence.

Until I finally spoke again.

"Why are you fucking protective of me all of a sudden

"Because by bringing you in and saving your life, I swore to protect you, until we're through with you."

"You make me sound like some test subject or something, So, You're using me?"

"Possibly," He answered after a short while. "Though that's none of my business."

He led me up a flight of stairs, then down a hallway, to where Professor McGonagall awaited us in her office.

The very first thing I noticed about the room as soon as I'd walked in, was the colour.