Chapter 22

~

My Eyes slowly adjusted to the brightness of the room, From the light spilling through the windows lining the entire wing.

The Smell lingered, But I felt calmer now, No more thirst for blood.

Instead, I focused on the smell of Herbs and Spices And a cool minty aroma from my right.

I saw him, peaceful and at rest, and luckily still breathing.

For a second, I just watched him, waiting for him to swish his cape or snap at me with one of his sarcastic remarks.

But No, For once he was finally resting, Suffering only because of me.

'Oh no, no, NO.'

An Image of the body popped up in my head, Rey, One of my newest friends, Dead because of me.

And Now Severus is slowly dying too, Again, All Because of me.

'What have I done.' I cried, digging my face into my palms, mainly to hide the tears.

The taste of his blood was still there, lingering on my tongue and still dripping from my lips.

As much as I might have wanted blood, The last person I'd expected to get it from was him.

I didn't want his blood only because of what he's done for me, What he's gone through, He didn't deserve to suffer from my mistake.

"No need to cry for me, I'm still very much alive, For now."

I Jumped, Leaping from my bed and almost falling backwards onto the floor.

Instead, I clung onto the edge of my bed, peeking over the blankets and sheets towards his bed.

"Oh Great, You're alive," I grumbled, climbing back onto my bed.

He looked completely normal, No sign of blood or Injuries at all, Even the scar on his wrist had completely disappeared.

Only his face looked different, Just a little paler than usual, Even more so in the sunlight.

"Barely, Thanks to you."

I stood, making my way over to his bed to sit beside him, to comfort him.

After all that he'd done for me, The least I could do was keep him company, to comfort him.

"Well, It was your choice, But you didn't have to do that for me," I said, Grabbing his hand and holding it tight, As much as I wanted to let go, Or push it away.

"Thank you, for saving me, more than once I think." I laughed, He smirked sitting up a little more, using a pillow to lean on, keeping him upright.

Now that I saw him up close, I could see just how weak he was, Despite there not being any visible wounds or Injuries, 

He was weakened and I'd bet it'll probably take a long while for him to heal fully, If it's possible...

"Of course, Now You say that as I'm slowly dying alone in a Hospital bed, weakened from a tiny little cut."

Before I knew it, My palm of my hand connected with the warm skin of his cheeks, Only gentle but just hard enough to slap some sense into him, Hopefully.

'Oh Gods, Why did I do that.'

He only blinked, As if nothing had even happened, Like he hadn't even felt it at all, Luckily...

"Cut it out, You are not Dying, In fact, you'll be out of here in no time."

He glanced around the room, At the open sky beyond the white windows, To the bottles lining the shelves, containing the most foul smelling liquids.

"Don't you have somewhere better to be? Rather than being here, Babysitting a full grown man who is perfectly capable of taking care of himself?"

"No," I replied simply, Smirking a little, "Just like you, I can't leave this place."

"So, You just gonna have to deal with it," I said, Smirking a little wider as I got closer.

His face was merely inches away, When I moved closer and our lips connected, the last thing I thought I'd ever do in my entire life.

It was quick, but yet it felt like forever to me, a neverending kiss that would soon come to haunt me.

Even he was a little shocked at first, When I finally pulled away, hobbling back over to my own bed.

"And Don't go getting any Ideas, I only did that to shut you up." 

Part of me hated myself for doing that, I was disgusted, But at the same time, I guess I enjoyed it, My very first kiss.

'Eugh, I Instantly regret my entire existence.'

"I seem to recall, It was you doing all the talking, If anything, You should be the one to 'shut up'."

'Well, It still worked for the shortest while, didn't it?'

I only Ignored him, Laying back down and throwing the blankets over myself, partly to hide the embarrassment written all over my face.

"Gladly," I mumbled, My last words before I dug my face back into my pillow, easily falling straight back to sleep again.

Even as I slept, I couldn't stop thinking about it, That wonderful kiss.

~