Chapter 19

~

"Sleep."

Those exact same words echoed in my head, Repeating over and over once I woke again.

I wasn't sure why, when that was and what happened, But now that was the least of my concern.

I was back in my own room for once, Back in my cosy blue pyjamas, Not the hospital wing.

'How did I- What?'

The last thing I could remember was a tower, and the ground below.

And That one word, "Sleep."

And Apparently, I had fallen asleep, But not in that tower, Or the Hospital wing.

My Bones cracked loudly when I attempted to sit up, A clear sign that I still wasn't feeling any better after all.

'Why am I still here? Is the month almost over?'

I squinted over at the clock hung high above an open window, 12:13 pm It read.

'Holy shit, It's late!'

Luckily for me, I had no Jobs or Chores, I was still a guest.

A note crumpled under my hand, folded neatly and even sealed with a red Gryffindor seal.

Note:

Elizabeth,

We have found the solution to your disabilities and will be with you shortly,

Professor Dumbledore and I have planned a meeting with you and a few others from the order who would very much like to help you,

We've also arranged a House-elf to be sent to serve you in your Chambers very soon, Anything you need will be provided when called,

I would advise you to keep to yourself, You may roam, But for now, Rest up.

- M.McGongall

~

For a While, I still frowned at the letter, Rereading it several times and I was still a little confudled.

'Disabilities? Meeting? Solution?'  

I stood up and out of bed, Only now noticing the House-Elf hiding in the shadowy corner, Who only stared right back at me.

As soon as it did, It jumped from its spot, bowing lowly before me.

"Good Afternoon, Miss! I is Ceeley, I is your servant for this evening." She said, Attempting and failing to fake a smile, Instead still looking just as frightened as before.

'Ah right, I'm a Vampire.'

I couldn't even say anything before I was back in bed somehow, As if I were just teleported back.

Except now there was a tray of food on my lap, A Goblet of Wine in my hand and Ceeley standing from beside the bed.

"Ceeley will leave you alone now, Will be back."

And Just like that, The little Elf disappeared with the single click of a finger.

"...Oh-key dokey," I said slowly going straight back to my food. 

'I didn't even get to say thank you, but oh well!'

First, A nice long sleep in and Now I'm getting Breakfast in Bed?

'I feel like I'm in a luxury hospital or something.' 

I laughed, Scoffing the food down in one go, Though instantly regretting it only seconds later.

I stood, Moving towards the window, taking in more of the fresh air from outside.

'Phew, That was a close one.'

Beside Me, Hanging beside my cloak on its stand, I spotted something else I hadn't seen in a long while,

A Scarf of Yellow and Black stripes, A Hufflepuff Scarf.

I could but smile at it as I picked it up, Instantly throwing it around me and wrapping it loosely around my neck.

'Ah, It's been a while.'

I used to be ashamed of wearing it when I was little, Was always teased about being in the 'Weak house.'

But Now that I think about it, I like my house, It was nice... When all the Gryffindors and Slytherins weren't around.

I used to hide away in our common room, And I would rarely ever come out after classes or in the weekends.

And Now here I stand, Wearing that same scarf - wait.

'Wait, How did I get this?'

There was only one person I ever told about my house, While I was in that library in My Father's Manor.

'Ah, Professor Snoop himself.' I laughed. 'But why would he give me a scarf?'

I had no Idea...

I popped my head outside into the hallway, Finding it completely empty, Besides the two new stone statues guarding my door.

They weren't ordinary statues, Both of them were moving the tiniest bit, Blinking even.

I felt pain in my legs just standing there, A sharp stinging that made me feel numb throughout my whole body.

'Maybe It'd be best if I waited a little while.'

So Instead, I sat at the window, Giggling a little from the tickling of the sunlight against my skin.

I began to stroke the hair at my shoulder, Noticing for the first time It was undone rather than In its usual braid or ponytail.

It was longer than I remembered and the slightest bit darker than it used to be.

But It still glowed in the sunlight, Just as it had long ago, Just like my father's..

'I Wonder what he meant when he said I was "Unique".' I thought, As I began to braid my hair slowly.

Then an Image of that paper popped up in my mind, 'Abilities: Unknown' It'd said.

"Cautions: Do not approach, Is Considered highly dangerous and may wield an unknown weapon."

"He wants to use you." The Professor had said, That day I'd escaped the manor.  

The Professor, He told me that, Of all People.

"He knows something," I said, standing from my chair in the sun.

"Something I don't know."

~