Chapter 41.(LOVE)

Chapter 41.

I looked out the window, seeing where we were staying.

A medium sized house sat alone, deserted by any other interactions, on a big piece of land, surrounded by trees and grass.

I grabbed my crutches, feeling the vehicle rolling to a silent stop, and the engine quitting.

"Well, here we are. This is out new home for a little while" Luke smiled, turning to look at me from the front seat.

I nodded.

Well at least Ill feel safe in this house...I mean she's stuck in the other house, I can just get a way for a while, peace and quiet.

They started piling out, I followed behind, Michael grabbing my waist and gently lifting me to the ground.

I smiled at him, muttering a thank you before grabbing my crutches, leaning my weight on them and looking around.

The boys got all the luggage out of the car, setting it on the ground.

"Need any help?" I asked, turning around to them.

They turned to me, looking me in the eyes, then to my crutches.

"No, I think we got it love, you can go in and explore if you want ya?" Ashton asked, throwing a set of keys to me.

I caught them, nodding.

"Pick a room that you want, but you'll have to share, your choice" Calum hollered, as I walked up to the big black doors.

I nodded, showing him I understood before sticking the key in the door and turning it to the right.

I heard a click, and I opened it, stepping in.

It looked like it had been renovated and re-furnished, it was beautiful, although nothing like our other house.

For a second I was looking at a beautiful house, then in a flash I was brought back to the house I was raised in.

It was dark, dusty, no one ever cleaned; well except for me when he demanded I did.

It was always quiet, besides the loud screams that they both produced.

The small abominable room that I was expected to survive in was disgusting.

How did they ever get away with keeping a young child in it.

A small, dirty gross thin mattress laid along the floor at the far end of the room.

Chains connected to the ground, 4 of them, in each corner.

My body shivered at the memories.

A small oak dresser partly smashed with layers of dust was in the corner of the room, my ratty limited clothing I owned stuffed in the only drawer that worked.

There was no water, no food, no fun.

The old wooden door had about 5 locks on the outside, keeping me trapped in here.

No way I could escape.

Loud foot steps made me go silent, and I started breathing heavily.

He's coming

They got closer, and under the tiniest crack in the door, I saw his large, dark shadow.

A click, then one lock fell.

Another click, and another lock fell.

Another,

Then the last one