Chapter 27

It's been a few weeks since Andy visited. I still feel horrible about it. So I've been keeping to myself by pretty much avoiding everyone. I texted Tony every now and then but we haven't talked in person. I just can't bring myself to face him.

There's a few days left of this tour. I kind of want it to go fast so I can be home. But I don't want it to end. As soon as I get home, I'll have to deal with Andy again.

Two days after he left, he called me as if nothing was wrong. He sure as hell never apologized but he did say he loved me. That really surprised me. All of my anger and sadness towards him evaporated when he said that. Then he promised that he was going to leave Juliet completely. But I didn't fully believe him.

Anyway, as soon as we get home he wants me to go to his house. I guess Juliet won't be there so we're going to spend a few days together before he and the rest of Black Veil Brides go on tour again. After that I'll have some time to myself.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

A few days later....

The rest of the tour flew by. I hardly remember the last days. It was fun though. And I finally talked to Tony. We said bye and he made me promise we'd hang out after we were settled.

I'd already stayed with Andy and just made it back to my own apartment. It feels good to finally be home. I barely change into pajamas before sprawling out on the couch. Then I remember I still need to get Gracie, my cat. I always take her to my neighbor, Mrs. Donovan, who gladly watches her when I go on tour.

But before I can get up, my body decides it's time to sleep. Then all I know is darkness. Darkness and dreams.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

At first I dream about when I first met Andy. How he was so sweet and loving. I went back through all the nights of the last tour where we'd stayed up and chatted.

But then I was thrown into dreams where Andy changed. The words and the roughness were back. I hated that my mind was making me relive these horrid memories. I could feel myself crying in my sleep. But I didn't wake up.

After the bad dreams there was a short reprieve. No dreams or anything. Just the darkness. It was comforting, in a way. I didn't have to see Andy and I didn't really have to think about him. I just let myself float.

Then I dreamt of Tony. I relived our kiss and all our hugs. If I was awake I'm sure I'd be blushing like mad. It's all so sweet. But of course sweet never lasts. Tony turned on me. He said he didn't mean anything he said or did. He was just feeling sorry for me. Then he throws me to the ground and leaves. I cry out as he walks away with Juliet and Andy by his side.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

I feel someone shaking me and I slowly wake up. I hear talking but I can't make it out. My heart is pounding in my ears and my eyes are so heavy. A sob escapes. Then I feel a hand wiping underneath my eyes. When did I start crying?

I can finally open my eyes. It's late afternoon, judging by the way the sunlight slants through my window. There's a blurry figure sitting next to me on my bed. I blink and they come into focus. I wonder how Tony Perry got into my apartment, and how he knew where I lived. I distinctly remember locking the front door. Also, why am I in my room?

"Katelyn.... It's okay, it was only a dream," he says quietly. I'm still breathing heavily. Tony is rubbing my back soothingly.

"Tony?"

"Yes?"

"What are you doing here?"

He looks down. "You weren't answering any texts or calls, from anyone. So I told everyone I'd come check on you. Jennie gave me her spare key and your address. I mean, I knocked but obviously you didn't hear me...."

He stops rubbing my back and I watch him. He won't meet my eyes. Is there something wrong? Maybe he's mad that I didn't answer my phone. I must have been beyond exhausted though to not hear it go off.

"I hope you don't mind me asking," he says suddenly, "but what were you dreaming about?"

Oh. I look away in embarrassment. "Um, nothing in particular. Why?"

"Well, you were crying. And when I let myself in you were yelling. Then you yelled my name. I thought you were mad or something because I was here."

"Oh. I don't really remember. It must not have been very pleasant then...," I quickly lie. He doesn't need to know I'm scared of him turning into another Andy.

We sit silently as my breathing returns to normal. I can't help but stare at Tony. The gentle look he has on his face is completely different than the evil glare he wore in my dream. He was such a different person. But I'm glad the real Tony is nothing like that. I don't think he could hurt a fly.

I feel so warm and my eyes start to close again. I feel Tony lean towards me and lay me back down. I barely feel him lay down next to me before I'm asleep again.