Chapter 25

We leave the bus and he tucks my hand securely into the crook of his elbow. So gentlemanly. We walk for a few minutes until we come upon the party. Most everyone is outside as far as I can tell, gathered around a huge bonfire and several grills. Andy immediately spots Kellin and drags me over to him.

"Hey Kellin."

"Andy, man, you made it!" Kellin smiles and holds his hands in the air. Then he turns to me and smirks. "Hey Kate, looking good."

I just frown and cross my arms over my chest. I know exactly why he's smirking, and it's not funny. I look around as the two men conversate. I watch as a few people enter the Sleeping with Sirens bus then come back out with drinks. Where are they getting them?

A quick scan around everything shows there are no coolers or cups outside. So all the drinks and stuff must be on the bus. Then Andy speaks.

"Babe, I'm thirsty. Get me a drink?"

He doesn't even take his eyes from Kellin. I sigh for about the thousandth time today. "Okay. Do you want the usual?"

He's too busy talking and doesn't answer. So I take it as a yes and head for the bus. Once inside I see a few people talking and Chris Motionless at the counter in the kitchen area. I stand beside him and wait for him to finish talking.

"Oh hey Kate," he says as he turns around. "Did you just get here?"

"Yes. Now I'm getting a drink for Andy."

"Andy who?" He starts at me in confusion. "The only Andy I know is Biersack. And he's not on this tour."

"Yes, him. He came to visit me for a few days."

"Well that's weird. No offense, but why you?"

That hurts a little but I don't let it show. I just stand there, and lean against the counter. I can feel Chris staring down at me.

"Um, we're kind of dating...."

"Oh," he says in surprise. Then he pauses for a second and I look up. "I thought he was with Juliet."

I feel a wave of sadness pass over me. Of course. That's what everyone says when they hear. I quickly grab a beer out of the fridge and run off the bus. I hope Chris is okay with me not saying bye. But I definitely need a drink now. Too bad I didn't see any whiskey while I was on the bus.

I make my way slowly back to Andy's side. My eyes search for the one person I know to almost always have whiskey with them. Mr. WhiskeyHands himself, Mike Fuentes, is sitting at the edge of the small clearing by himself. Perfect.

"Here." I shove the beer into Andy's hand. "I'm getting something for myself now."

He nods absentmindedly as I take off towards Mike. I snag a cup out of Romeos hand as I walk by him. He just shrugs as he sees it's me and continues talking to Jake Garland. I throw out the contents of the cup right before I'm in front of Mike. He's sitting in a low beach chair,  long legs sprawled out in front of him.

He looks up at me, cocking an eyebrow. He slowly releases a cloud of smoke from his mouth. "Hi Katelyn. What can I do for you?"

It's strange how he knows I want something from him.

"Hi Mike. I was wondering if I can get some whiskey off you. I can't find any elsewhere...."

He takes a few puffs from his cigarette before smiling. "Sure. I guess I can share. I've been taking all the whiskey from everyone. But they'll find out soon enough."

I smile gratefully and crouch to his level so he can fill my cup. But I'm surprised when he hands me a small bottle from the overflowing chair next to him. I glance at him in confusion. He winks.

"Just take it doll. We'll call it a gift. You look like you need it anyway."

"Well thank you kindly sir."

I get back up to leave but feel a tug on my ankle. I look down and see Mikes tattooed hand. I look at him and his eyes are twinkling with laughter. He lets me go and pats the now empty chair next to him. I look at it, then back to the fire where Andy is most likely waiting.

"I have to get back," I finally say. "Andy will be waiting for me."

"Biersack can wait. Sit and chill with me."

I look at Mike, startled that he knew which Andy I was referring to. Chris hadn't and everyone else we'd talked to today was surprised Andy was even here. Mike looks at me knowingly.

"Tony told me earlier. He was crying about not being able to see you."

"Tony talks about me?"

"Yeah, all the time. It gets annoying actually. "

I blush. " But why?"

Mike snorts and rolls his eyes. "Well it's obvious isn't it? He likes--"

"Hey guys," Tony interrupts.  He smiles at me and I smile back, looking down. "What are you doing over here by yourselves?"

"We were just talking. Anyway, I'm about to light one up. You guys want in?"

Mike holds up a hand-rolled blunt and gestures to us. Tony shakes his head as do I. But I get up, ready to leave.

"Suit yourselves then."

I hear the click of a lighter as Tony and I walk away. We walk in comfortable silence. I wonder what Mike was going to say. Tony likes? Tony likes what? Now it's going to drive me crazy not knowing what he was going to say!

"So are you having fun?" He asks quietly.

I shrug and take a sip of my whiskey. "I guess. We kind of just got here though."

"Oh. So can we hang out then?"

I shake my head and look across the fire at Andy. He's still engrossed in conversation with Kellin. Maybe he hasn't noticed I'm still gone. Or he just doesn't care. I look back at Tony and his face is so hopeful.

"I should really get back to Andy...."

I watch as his face falls. It breaks my heart to crush him like this. I really do want to hang out with Tony. Being with him beats hanging out with Andy right now anyway. He'll just keep on ignoring me while he talks to his friends.

"But we can hang out for a while. I don't think he'll mind too much."

Then I'm blinded. Both by Tony's bright smile and being engulfed in his arms. My face is pushed into his neck as he hugs me. I hesitantly hug back, hoping Andy doesn't see. Finally we pull away and his smile has only slightly dimmed.

"Come on, let's go sit down."

He drags me to a picnic table at the edge of the crowd. I see Vic and Jaime already there. I slow down a bit, not wanting to talk to Vic so soon after he interrupted us. But I guess it was a good thing he interrupted. After all, I'm with Andy and Tony is with someone too apparently. We don't need to put them through that.