Chapter 10

I was so shocked last night about seeing Lee that I left the stage. Meaning, I forgot that I was going to stay to talk to Andy. I hope he’s not too mad. I’ll have to find him later and apologize. Right now we’re stuck on the bus, on the way to our next stop.

Of course I’d told Jennie about what happened. She thought Lee was a good guy so she was just as stunned as I was when I told her about him and the random woman. But at least she got enjoyment out of my almost-fight with the girl. I didn’t tell the boys about Lee. I knew for sure they’d confront him and try to fight or something equally stupid. Guys will be guys I suppose.

Jennie and I sat for an hour, watching the boys play Xbox, giggling occasionally. We would look at each other, think about the girl and laugh. Finally Ethan sighed loudly and glared at us.

“Why do you two keep laughing?” he asks.

“Oh nothing much,” I say nonchalantly.

“Oh whatever!” She yells. “Tell them. They’ll love it.”

Now Romeo is interested. “Tell us what?”

“About what happened last night.” She winks at me.

“What happened last night?” Danny was still looking at the TV but he also got interested in our conversation.

“Fine,” I sigh. “I left the bus and went to find Lee. When I couldn’t find him, I went to watch Black Veil Brides. I was standing with the backstage pass group when this kid started going on about how hot she thought Andy was. I couldn’t help it; I laughed. She got mad and got in my face about it. So I, of course, got in hers and told her that Andy was mine. She obviously didn’t know who I was and then Andy made me sing with them. I went onstage and kissed him.”

“Wait, I heard about that,” Romeo interrupts. “Apparently it’s all over the web of you two kissing. I didn’t believe Jimmy when he told me.”

I blushed and everybody laughed. “Anyway, after the kiss the girl was shocked. I assumed it was also because her friends were telling her who I was. I know they recognized me.”

The guys laughed as I finished my story. Jennie smiled before asking, “So what did Andy want?”

“Oh, well,” I hesitated. I hadn’t told her that I’d blown Andy off after the Lee thing. “Honestly, after the thing with the kid, I kind of forgot to meet with him.”

They all groan and shake their heads at me. I smile sheepishly around at them. Just then Gary appears from the front.

“So guys, why does Joe want me to have Katelyn call him?” He looks around us and stops on me. “Did something happen last night?”

We all look at each other before bursting out in laughter. Gary keeps looking from one to the other of us. Finally Ethan can speak. “Joe? Joe who?”

“Joe Findlay, Black Veil Brides’ manager.”

“So this has nothing to do with that girl?” Jennie asks.

Now Gary’s confused. “What girl?”

Then a light bulb pops on in my head. “Gary may I use your phone to call Joe back? They’ll explain the ‘girl’ situation to you.”

Gary nods his head and hands me his phone. He turns to the others as they launch into last night’s events. I go to the back room and close the door before calling Joe. He answers on the second ring.

“This is Joe.”

“Um, hi Joe. This is Katelyn. Gary said you were trying to get a hold of me?”

“Oh, yeah yeah. Actually, Andy’s the one who wants to talk to you. Hold on a sec and I’ll get him.”

Through the line I can hear laughter then Joe telling Andy he’s got a call. The laughter fades and I hear the faint click of a door. I smile, thinking he went for privacy like I did.

“Hello?”

His deep voice shivers my spine again. “Hey Andy,” I whisper.

“Katelyn, hi! I didn’t know if I’d get to speak to you today.”

I can hear a smile in his voice, which makes me smile also. “Yeah, well, sorry I had to interrupt and call your manager’s phone.”

“You’re fine. And I only had Joe do it because none of us have your guys’ numbers or anything.”

“Oh. So, um, what did you want?” I ask a little hesitantly.

His voice gets a little deeper and more serious. “What happened to you last night? You didn’t stay.”

I nervously scratch my arm. “Well, I kind of forgot. I’m really sorry though! I just got caught up with that girl and Lee….”

“What about Lee?” he asks immediately and with a lot of suspicion. “Did something happen between you two?”

“Yeah, sort of. But I don’t want to say over the phone.”

His voice is a bit hard. “Did he hurt you?”

“No, Andy! He didn’t.”

“Then tell me about it.”

“Not over the phone,” I whisper. I don’t know why I’m whispering.  I’m not mad at him for what happened. Just not happy about it. I mean, the man and I were kind of…something. A little more than friends but not more. It’s hard to label it when I wasn’t fully interested in him.

“Well alright.” His voice softens. “Then tell me tonight after we stop. I’ll come get you this time so you don’t get lost.”

“Okay. Then I’ll see you later. Bye.”

“Bye.”

I hang up and leave the room. I find Gary still laughing with Jennie and the boys. They all look up and I read the questions in their eyes.

“Andy actually wanted to talk to me, not Joe.”

“What did he want?” Jennie immediately asks.

I shrug. “Just to know what happened last night. We’re gonna meet up tonight and try again.”

I see them all exchange knowing looks. I roll my eyes.