Chapter 19

I eventually make my way onto the bus and go to my bunk. I hear at least two of the guys in the back, arguing about how hot some girl is in a movie. It sounds like Romeo and Ethan. I don't hear Jennie or Danny at all. I wonder if they're even on here. Oh well. Andy will just have to be happy with the guys.

I lay in the bunk, staring at the ceiling, thinking. Andy used to be such an amazing guy. He was so nice and sweet. Now I feel like he's just using me. Where did we go wrong?

A few tears escape my eyes before I wipe them away. I roll over and look at the picture I taped by my pillow. It's of me and Andy on tour. We're both laughing at a stupid joke Brian told us. Whenever I look at it, it makes me smile again. We had so much fun together. But now... now I can't help but think if everything he ever said and did was a lie. Did he plan on using me the whole time or did something happen?

I can't take this anymore. So I plug my iPod into my speakers and turn it up. I know the boys in the back won't mind  I lay back down and close my eyes, humming along to the music.

I must've dozed off a little because I'm opening my eyes to see a head peeked around my curtain. It takes me a second to understand that Romeo is speaking. I sit up.

"What?"

"I said, it's almost time to go on. We need to leave now."

He then leaves. I hear him and Ethan shut the bus door and I'm alone. I stagger to my suitcase and change my shirt before following them to the stage. There I encounter Jennie staring at Danny as he flirts with Bandit, our merch girl. Bleh.

"He picks Bandit, really?" I ask Jennie disgustedly.

She nods in agreement of my tone. "Yeah I know. But he kind of was already friends with her before we broke up."

"Honestly, he was a jerk. You're better off without him anyway Jen."

She smiles and nods. "Yes. Plus he's not the brightest. I think I only liked him because he's cute."

"Well you know what they say, there's more hot, tattooed and pierced men in the crowd."

"Nobody says that!" She laughs. "Did you just make that up?"

"Yes, yes I did! It's pretty good right?" I say proudly. She gives me a look, then we both burst out in laughter.

Soon enough we go onstage and play. Jennie and I have the biggest smiles. Every time I see a cute guy with tattoos, I laugh in my head, thinking of what I told Jennie. Then we're done for the night, all too fast. We pack up, get on the bus, and leave.