Chapter 26

"Hi Turtle!" Jaime yells as we appear at the table. "Hi Katelyn!"

Tony sits across from Vic. "Hey Hime, Vic. "

I wave at Jaime as I sit across from him, next to Tony. I glance at Vic and smile as he smiles at me.

"Hey guys, what's up?"

Tony shrugs. "Just hanging out. Needed somewhere to sit. Hope you don't mind."

Vic shrugs and Jaime shakes his head. "Nah. Sit all you like."

Jaime suddenly jumps up and I stare in startled surprise. "I'm thirsty guys. Do you want anything?"

"Beer."

"Same."

"I'm good." I hold up my mostly-full bottle.

"Where did you get that?" Jaime asks in amazement. "I didn't know anybody had any whiskey left."

"Oh, they don't. I guess Mike's been hoarding it. He gave me this bottle earlier."

"What, Mikey's sharing his whiskey? Wow, you better feel special Kate." Vic whistles.

"Why?"

"He rarely shares his whiskey. Even with us," Tony explains. "He must like you."

Hmm. Well that's an interesting bit of information. I suppose I should thank him again, later. Especially since it's apparently a big deal. But then my thoughts are interrupted by Vic.

"So Kate, how long you and Andy been together?"

"Since my last tour I guess. So about four months? Somewhere in there. "

Tony pipes up. "How did you meet him?"

"He was on tour with me. He saved me from an embarrassingly, awkward situation.... And we became friends after that." I blush remembering that encounter.

They both 'ohh' before we lapse into silence. We all just sit and look around us. I watch as Jaime navigates his way through the crowd, arms full of bottles. I didn't even notice he left.

"Tone!" Someone yells. We look around and see Jaime waving frantically. It looks like he's dropped a few beers and is having trouble picking them back up. Tony shakes his head before jogging over to help.

Vic and I watch silently as he goes to Jamie's rescue. Then Vic turns and stares at me. I hesitate before meeting his gaze. His eyes are brown like Tony's, but they're not as warm. To me anyway. And I don't get lost in them.

"So, you and Andy? What about Tony?"

I'm confused. "What? What does Tony have to do with Andy and I? What about Tony's girlfriend?"

"You're an oblivious one aren't you?" He chuckles. "Ask Tony about that, and how Andy makes him feel."

"There you are Katelyn, " a deep voice says. It makes me shiver. I whip around and meet Andy's icy glare. Oh no. "I've been looking for you."

"Um, hi Andy. I was just talking to Vic real quick. You know, saying hi," I say as I stumble trying to get up. Andy grabs my elbow in another bruisingly tight grip. I try not to wince.

"Well say bye. We need to talk now. Vic, Tony, Jaime."

"Andy." Vic nods. Jaime and Tony just stare in confusion, having come in as Andy wants to leave.

I don't bother saying goodbye or fighting as Andy jerks me away from the table. I trip in a hidden hole and drop my whiskey trying to catch myself. Andy just steadily keeps walking. Goodbye whiskey.

We barely make it onto the bus before Andy explodes. He throws me on the couch. Then he knocks everything off of the counter. I flinch as the contents of a cup goes flying everywhere. I stare, wide-eyed, as he starts mumbling and swearing to himself.  He starts pacing back and forth in front of me. I don't move in case he notices me and attacks.

Suddenly he stops, then launches his body at me. We fall off the couch and he pins my arms against the floor. I struggle and manage to break one arm free. But he only slaps me and grabs my arm again.

"Now why did you have to do that?" He growls. I stiffen at the hostility in his voice. "You're just making things more worse for yourself than they already are!"

"Already are? I haven't done anything!" I yell in a panic. What is he talking about? Does he know about the kiss?!

"I saw you hug Tony! Then you were flirting with all those guys, right in front of me!"

"I was not! We were talking, because we're friends! That's what friends do Andrew, they talk and hang out!"

I don't know where all this courage is coming from but, it feels...kind of good. Like I'm finally standing up to him I guess. But I start to quiver as he smirks evilly at me.

"I knew it. You're just a little whore. I should've known this would happen as soon as I let you out of my sight."

I gasp in shock. Why would he say that? He knows I love him, and only him, and I would never do that to him! Tears sting my eyes as he shakes me. I can barely see through my water works, and my courage fails me altogether.

"Oh stop acting so hurt. You know it's true.  I don't know how I've put up with your worthless self for so long."

He lets me go and gets up. I still lay on the floor, just in case. The tears are falling fast and freely now. I can feel my hair becoming the slightest bit wet from the tears sliding down my face.

"And I've changed my mind. I'm leaving tonight." He swiftly bends over and tugs my head up by the hair. "Juliet needs me after all."

He rubs a thumb over my chin then swiftly slaps me on my previously uninjured cheek. Then he stands up straight and walks off the bus, now calm. As soon as the door closes, I break into sobs and crawl to my bunk. Where I cry myself to sleep, glad everyone is still at the party.