Chapter 9

I leave and start humming to myself. The sun is setting now. I smile as I admire the beautiful sky. In the distance I can hear Gallows still playing.

                So who should I see first? I could see Lee first since he’ll be done before Andy. But then I won’t be able to see Andy perform. Although I’ve already seen him perform, another time wouldn’t hurt. I just love hearing his voice. It’s so deep and sends tingles down your spine.

But if I make Lee wait, he’ll probably get mad. Oh what a quandary I find myself in. Or should I meet them at the same time? Would that even be possible for them, to stand in the same space for a short amount of time? Especially with the animosity they’ve been having towards each other lately.

Finally I notice that the stage is quiet. So Lee is done, and Andy should be going on soon. Maybe I’ll just go see Lee then since he’s available now. It would get whatever he wants over with anyway. To be honest I really just want to see Andy. I just want to see those incredible eyes and that amazing smile.

I direct my feet to the Gallows bus. But nobody’s there. So I go back to the stage and find Andy standing around with his band, talking. Of course he’s talking to Ashley. Ugh. But I decide to go say hi anyway. Ashley barely looks at me as I get closer. “Hey Andy. Hey guys.”

The guys all look up and either smile or wave. Except Ashley.  Andy smiles hugely and grabs me in a hug. “Hey. Glad you could make it.”

I hug him back and glare at Ashley, who’s staring at me like he doesn’t know me. “Yeah me too. I didn’t even have to talk to those guys. They left as soon as I got to the bus.”

“Well that’s okay because you’ll see them again right?”

“Yeah before our next tour.” I smile at him and he smiles back. “Anyway, have you seen Lee? He said he wanted to talk and now I can’t find him.”

Andy looks a little miffed. “No, I haven’t seen him since this afternoon. Well, it’s his loss.”

“I guess.”

“So,” Andy steps closer to me, my awareness of him goes up. “Do you want to—”

“We’re up,” Ashley interrupts.

“Alright,” Andy whispers. He looks at me. “Stay and watch. Don’t disappear.”

I nod and he kisses my cheek. I watch as he walks onstage to tremendous applause. I wait a couple minutes before joining the lucky few who have VIP access. I stand towards the back so they don’t notice me.

“Ohmygosh! Andy Six is so hot!”

I look around the small crowd for the voice that had spoken. It’s a girl at the front. I can’t see her face but I can tell she’s making goo-goo eyes at Andy. He doesn’t seem to notice though. I laugh. But the girl notices. She turns around and frowns at me. I can see she’s about 13. I remember when I acted like her. She looks me over and dismisses me. She starts to turn back around and stops when the laugh I’ve been holding in escapes. Her friends, and everyone else, turn to look at me too.

“Excuse you!” The girl almost shouts at me over Andy’s singing. I just keep laughing. Her face becomes darker the more I laugh. Her friends are frowning now. “What’s your problem?”

“I don’t have a problem kid. I just found something funny. I can’t laugh?”

“You started laughing after I said Andy was hot,” she accused.

“So what if I did?” I shot back.

I look around. These people are all facing me now. I look past them at Andy, who’s noticed the commotion. Our eyes meet. His are questioning. I roll mine in response. He nods then smiles and turns back to the larger crowd.

“Are you even listening to me?” The girl is up in my face now. “You’re ruining this for me!”

I know I should probably step back, apologize, and leave. But I’m so done with being quiet and nice to people. “Ruining it for you? Here, let me ruin it for you some more then. I get to see Andy every damn day. You only get to see him today. So don’t bother throwing yourself at him later. In fact don’t even go to meet him. We have a date later and I don’t want you to ruin it for me.”

“You—what?” she splutters. She quiets, though, as Andy speaks.

“Now I’d like to welcome one of our tour-mates, Katelyn from Through the Eyes of Another!”

The crowd cheers as I push past all the glaring girls. The first girl gets in my way. She screams, “Where do you think you’re going?”

“Out of the way kid.”

“No! We’re not done here! And I’m not a kid!”

“Yeah we are. And yes you are. Adios.” I gently push past her.

I wave to the crowd as I walk towards Andy. I glance back at the girls and a few have amazed looks on their faces. Finally some recognition. I reach Andy, who hugs me. But I throw my arms around his neck and full-on kiss him. When I pull away he looks a little shocked, until he smiles. So hugely. I turn and wink at the girl, whose mouth is hitting the floor. Her friends are busily whispering in her ears. I hope they’re telling her who I am. I know I’m not as big as Andy but still. A little teenager does not need to pick a fight with me. Because I’ll be stupid and fight right back. Just ask my mom about that.

I sing a song with BVB and soon forget about the girl. But only because Andy and I hold hands the whole time. My smile is just as big as his. Soon the song ends and I leave the guys to finish their set. I exit the stage away from the girls. No need for more of that. But I notice movement in a dark corner of backstage. I stop.

A minute later, two people step out into the light, a male and a female. The man is still half in shadow so I can’t see his face. But I see a laminated pass around the girl’s neck. A fan then? She straightens her little tight skirt, kisses the man on the cheek and walks off. The man steps into the light and smirks. My jaw kind of drops as he walks away without noticing me. It’s Lee.