Chapter 16

And that's how it is for the next, almost, three months. He'd come over, spend some time with me, then get me to sleep with him and leave in the morning. After the first two weeks I stopped feeling dirty. I also stopped caring what others would say if they found out. Because I honestly love this man, even though I appear to be his second choice.

We'd go out, every now and again when Juliet was out of town with friends. But we'd only go to places where he could keep me close because he didn't want me around other guys or talking to them. He said he wanted to keep me to himself. But on those nights we'd stay at his place for the night.

I found out on our second month of this arrangement that he had a temper. We were out one day, taking a walk. We stopped to eat lunch at a McDonald's. Andy went to the restroom and told me to order for us. So I did and when I was paying, the man at the counter started flirting with me. I stuttered and stammered, blushing. The guy was cute and all but he didn't compare to Andy. Who soon came back and became angry.

The man stopped talking immediately as he recognized Andy. "You're Andy Biersack! Can I have your autograph?"

Andy looked between me, still blushing and not making eye contact, and the man who had his hand on my arm. He smiled tightly and nodded. He signed a receipt and leaned into the guy. He whispered something I couldn't hear and the guy stopped smiling. His face just went blank as he backed away from Andy. Andy smiled, satisfied, and dragged me to a table.

Later when we were back at my apartment, he shoved me against a walk and gripped my arm. I knew I'd have a bruise later. He brought his face right up to mine and growled. "Don't you ever talk to another man again! I don't want you to think about anyone but me or even look at someone if they're not me! Understand?"

I didn't answer, so he shook me, hard. My eyes rattled around my head. "Ok," I whisper. I vowed then to stay as far away from other guys as I could. Andy was scary and I didn't want this to happen again.

But now it's finally January. Which means I can get away from Andy, if only for a little while. I mean, I do love him but he's still with Juliet and I'm beginning to lose sight of an actual 'us.' It's making me depressed actually.

The day arrives to leave. The bus picks me and my luggage up. I was alone, for once. Andy hadn't seen me off as he absolutely had to be with Juliet this morning for a surgery. But that's okay with me. I finally feel free. I'm so happy to be on the cramped bus I don't care that it smells slightly funny. I don't even care that I have to see Danny again.

The hours to the venue fly by as I talk and laugh with Jennie and the boys. I haven't laughed, or even smiled this much in forever. Andy always wanted me to be with him or at my apartment, where he knew I was alone. He kept me under lock and key basically. Even though this jailbreak is temporary, I'm not going to waste a second to enjoy it.

We arrive at the venue and stretch. Then proceed to run around like chickens without heads. Which is crazy. Then I get a call.

I walk away from our game of hackey-sack to answer. It's Andy. I'm surprised he hasn't called me before now. Or followed me out here to keep an eye on me.

"Hello?" I ask warily.

"Hi babe," his deep voice says. "Are you not happy to hear from me?"

I quickly lie and force a smile. "Of course! I'm just tired from the ride."

"Okay. Well I just wanted to see how you were. Are you with Jennie?"

"No, I had to use the restroom," I lie again.

"Make sure you stay with her then, when you get back," he orders me. I cringe slightly away from the phone. "And stay away from the other guys on tour! Okay?"

"Yes," I whisper. "I love you...."

But he doesn't answer. He's already hung up. I slowly put my phone back in my pocket. I keep my eyes on the ground as hurt floods through me. This is only the latest time over the last few weeks he hasn't said it back. He also hasn't told me lately that he's going to leave Juliet for me.

I'm so deep in my thoughts I don't notice the stranger. I walk into them and stumble back, startled. This again? At least its not Andy this time. I slowly look up. There's a tattooed man looking at me with concern in his eyes. He is very, very cute.

"Are you okay?" he asks quietly. He's holding his tattooed hands out in a calming gesture. His warm brown eyes scan me for any injuries. I blush and shake my head. "Okay, good."

"It's my fault, sorry. I wasn't paying attention."

We stare at each other before I look away, then back. There's a small smile on his lips. I can't stop my responding smile. His smiles are contagious.

"It's okay. We're both fine."

I can't stop blushing. He's so cute and quiet. And that smile. If he keeps smiling at me I might die. Its the most gorgeous smile ever. Oh crap. I'm talking to a guy. Andy's going to be so mad at me.

I mumble one more sorry to him before turning and running. I run back to the bus. I sit on the couch before looking out the window. Jennie and most of the boys are still playing their game. Then I see the guy appear and look around. He finally shakes his head and walks off. I sigh.

What am I doing thinking of a stranger in that way? Even though he's cute and his tattoos are amazing, Andy would kill me if he knew what happened, and what I was thinking. Especially since I'm not supposed to interact with the make species, at all. Andy would barely let me come on tour because of all the guys. Jennie and I are the only girls on tour once again.

I sigh again, then lay down on the couch and stare at the ceiling. I know I should tell Andy what happened with the cute stranger. But who knows how he'd react. He'd probably get the guys together to beat the guy up then make me leave the tour. Of course I won't let that happen. But when it comes to Andy... I'm pretty helpless.

Sadly, I'm madly in love with the guy. I thought he felt the same but I guess not. You can't have two girlfriends and tell one you love her more and actually mean it. And I definitely know that I should leave Andy.

My mind is running circles inside my skull. Andy, that guy, my feelings, it's all jumbled up. I don't know what to do, let alone what to feel about the situation. Finally, I just close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.