Chapter 24

After our impromptu "session," Andy's phone rings. He quickly pulls his pants on and goes to the back to answer the call. I am left alone and naked. But of course it's ok because I'm used to it. It happens quite often after all. I just wonder who that is on the other end of the phone....

I quickly get dressed and sit on the couch as I hear Andy's deep murmurs. I decide to check my own phone and search my pockets. I don't find it so I go to my bunk. Maybe I left I there last night before the party. But it's not there either. I start to freak out. Where could my phone be?

I hear Andy walking up the hallway and quickly sit back down. I avoid all eye contact as he throws himself next to me. Then he turns the TV on.

"Babe, I'm hungry. Make me a sandwich."

"Okay," I say quietly. He doesn't even blink as I get up and go to the fridge. Everything for sandwiches is usually there, even the bread. Which is weird. I don't know who does it but we all leave it there.

"Um, Andy?" I say when I can't find any sandwich stuff.

He growls. "What?"

"We don't have any food."

"What?" I hear the TV become quiet. He must've muted it so he could hear. He only does that when he's mad.

"We're out of food. Like, everything...."

He gets up and I back myself up to the counter. He yanks the refrigerator door open, then does the same to the cabinets. With every door he opens, I can see his anger grow. Finally he turns back to me.

His eyes are practically glowing as he steps in front of me. I drop my gaze and swallow. I see slight movement and brace myself for the impact of him hitting me. Instead I feel him pull me close and put his arm around me. What?

"Hey guys."

I look up and the others are back. They stop and stare at us before sitting at the table. They all have plates of food and drinks.

"Hey," Andy says with a big, fake smile.

"What are you doing, standing there all weird?" Romeo asks.

"We were looking for food," Andy answers again.

Danny snorts. "Good luck with that. We're all out. That's why we went to catering."

"Well that sounds good. We're going to head over there then. Later guys."

Andy drags me out before I can say bye. His arm around my shoulder is very firm, as if he doesn't want to let me go. We make it to the catering tent, get our food, and sit at a table. Andy sits next to me, having me almost in his lap.

"Kate? Andy, what're you doing here man?"

Andy tenses up next to me as a voice interrupts our meal. We both turn around to see Kellin Quinn. Andy immediately relaxes and smiles. Kellin sits down, a plate in hand, across from us.

"Hey man! I just came to surprise my girl here with a visit." He shakes me while talking. "Just for a few days though."

Kellin nods. "Yeah? Cool, we should definitely hang before you leave. Actually, we're throwing a party tonight. You and Kate should stop by."

"That sounds good. You'll surely see us there then."

I zone out of the rest of their conversation as they catch up. I wait for Andy to finish eating and grab our plates. I take them to the dirty dish bin and leave them. I turn to go back to the table when Tony appears.

"Hi Kate."

I blush as he smiles at me. "Oh hi Tony."

"I was trying to call you earlier but I realized you left your phone on our bus. So I took it to your bus and you weren't there. They said you were here. Now here I am."