Chapter 22

During the next few days Tony and I spend a lot of time together, quickly becoming friends. I'm very happy to say we are no longer awkward around each other. Which is a major relief to me. Now I won't have to hear the guys and Jennie laughing at me. That's all they did when we first started hanging out.

Other than mentioning that Andy gets majorly jealous, I haven't mentioned any more about him. I wish I could tell Tony though. But I just don't want him to get hurt. I can handle Andy by myself for now.

That night Pierce the Veil throws a party on their bus. They invite us and the other bands, of course. Jennie and I are excited so we spend time dressing up. The guys leave us for PTV's bus while we get ready. They didn't feel the need to dress up for the occasion. Men.

I think we spend almost two hours getting ready. Half of that time is spent in the bathroom, the other is spent changing outfits, shoes, and accessories. It's our first excuse this tour to doll-up, so don't laugh. Finally we're ready and out the door.

It doesn't take us long to get to the other bus. You can hear the music two buses away. We don't knock, just walk on. There are people everywhere, along with drinks.

Jennie wanders off to mingle while I sit on the couch besides Chris Motionless. He's busy talking to Matty Mullins so I let my eyes wander. I see Vic and Kellin Quinn talking right across the bus from me. Next to them are Kellin's bandmates, Justin Hills and Gabe Barham talking with Mike, who is making wild hand features. I move my eyes on and see Jaime and Kellen McGregor dancing on the table. My guys and Jennie are cheering them on. I laugh as Jaime stumbles a bit almost falling off the table. But Kellen pulls him upright.

Chris hears my laugh then turns to me as Matty gets up and leaves. "Well if it isn't the violent Katelyn. Haven't seen you for awhile. Everything good?"

I nod. "Yes. But really, violent? We've met once before and that's what you choose to remember me as?"

"Well, the first impression is everything. And your impression was violent. You woke up and hit us. Then you hit Danny. It was that or infamous. Danny has a big mouth, especially when he's drinking," Chris says and smirks.

I gasp. "You did NOT just say I was 'infamous' because of Danny!" I stand up and walk off.

"Where are you going?" He yells behind me. I look back and grin.

"To find Danny of course. You've just signed his death certificate after all."

I see Chris shaking his head before I continue on my quest. I push through everyone, heading towards the back. The bunk curtains are all open so he's not there. Josh Garland is banging on the bathroom door at Balz. Danny's not in there then.

In the back room it's hard to see anyone due to all the smoke. I step in and peer around. "Danny?" I ask as they pass a joint around. Someone tells me he's outside so I leave.

I'm pushing past everyone again, and am almost to the door. I reach for the handle when I'm spun around. I get the tiniest bit dizzy so a second later I focus on the face I've almost collided with. Warm, brown eyes and a slightly shy smile adorn it. It's Tony Perry.

"Hey, I'm glad you came," he says.

I smile, momentarily forgetting I'm on a mission to destroy. "Hi."

"Can I get you a drink?" he asks politely.

"Sure. Um, anything but beer."

He leaves and I sigh softly. I look towards the door. It's beckoning to me, telling me Danny is just on the other side of it. But I can't leave Tony like that. It would be rude.

Just then Tony returns with a clear plastic cup in hand. He hands it to me and smiles again. I take a small sip just because his eyes are still on me. I don't really feel like drinking right now. It's much more important to me to find Danny.

"Everything alright Kate?"

Oh. I guess I've been too busy plotting Danny's demise that I've been ignoring my host. I look at him apologetically.

"Well, I was just wanting to go outside. I need to talk to Danny. About, uh, band stuff."

He looks crestfallen. "Oh okay. Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, but thanks," I smile. "Hopefully it won't take but a few minutes. So I'll be back and we can hang. Deal?"

He nods. "Yes."

Before I can fully process what I'm doing, I lean up and peck Tony's cheek. I pull away fast as he's now frozen. I quickly escape out the door as my cheeks flare. Oh my gosh. I don't know why I did that! He probably hates me now.

Once outside though I push all thoughts of Tony to the back of my mind. I need to focus on Danny and what I'm going to say when I find him. Because do I really need a repeat of the other week? Actually... yes, yes I do.

Danny isn't any of the people immediately outside the bus. I pause to look around. In the distance I see a soft orange glow. Maybe he's there.

As I walk closer I realize it's a bonfire. It seems as if everyone who's not at the bus is here. I see Jimmy and head towards him.

"Hey Jimmy, what's up?" I say as a greeting.

He turns and looks down at me. "Oh hey Katelyn. Thought you were at the bus."

"I was," I nod. "But I needed some air. And I need to talk to Danny. You haven't seen him anywhere have you?"

"Not for awhile. He and Bandit were walking off the last time I saw him."

I silently groan. "Alright, thanks Jim."

He nods and turns back to his conversation. If Danny is with Bandit who knows where the hell they are or what they're doing. I don't even want to think about that!

I quickly make my way back to the PTV bus as it's now getting a little chilly. Plus it's super dark between the buses. What if someone kidnaps me?! I pick up my pace so I'm kind-of jogging.

I hear the music again and run around the corner of a bus. I almost run into someone and I come to a stop. My heart is beating super fast. They came out of nowhere!

"Are you alright?" a familiar voice asks. "You came out of nowhere, and fast!"

The bus door opens and the light from inside shines on us before it closes again. It's Tony talking to me. Phew, what a relief. He slowly reaches a hand out but thinks better of it, and let's his hand drop. I pretend not to notice.

"I'm okay. I was getting cold so I ran back."

"Oh. Well where did you go? I've been looking for you."

I blush and am glad he can't see. "I couldn't find Danny anywhere. So... I'll just talk to him tomorrow."

Tony nods then promptly drags me onto his bus. There's still lots of people here. I guess I wasn't gone as long as I thought. Walking through the dark made it feel longer. I sit on the now empty couch as Tony goes to grab us more drinks.

He comes back and we jump into a discussion about movies. Of course he tries to make it about 'Star Wars.' Soon Mike joins in and tries to make it about 'Harry Potter.' Then Matty, Ricky, Ethan, Jen, and Ghost join in. Everyone is yelling over each other to make themselves heard.

The night passes by pretty quickly after that. But I end up passing out while everyone is leaving. I remember nothing after that.