Chapter 7

“Do I want to know what that was all about?” Danny asks. I can’t tell if he’s amused or shocked or what.

“I don’t even know what that was myself. I’m thinking it had to do with what Lee did, maybe. Did you see that? What was that all about?” I feel like I’m not making any sense because I’m still on Cloud Nine.  But Danny knows what I’m talking about.

“Well that was funny. Lee was telling Andy that you’re Lee’s. Basically he was showing ownership, I guess you’d say.”

“What!” Seriously? I really don’t understand guys, now more than ever. I can’t believe Lee would do something like that. It’s not like we’re serious or even dating.

“Um, yeah. He knows Andy likes you and he wanted him to know he can’t have you.”

“Then what was Andy trying to prove?”

Danny looks uncomfortable as we talk. “That he can have you, no matter what.”

This makes me mad. “You guys! Us girls are not objects you can own you know!”

We stop walking before Danny can respond because we’ve caught up with Gary. He’s standing talking to our “sponsors” (I think) and the rest of our band. But I whisper in Danny’s ear before we’re part of the group.

“Don’t you tell the others or you’ll be walking funny for the rest of tour.” He winces and I smile sweetly and turn to the others.

“Ah, here are the last two,” Gary tells the people when he notices us. We shake hands with them as he introduces us. “This is Katelyn and Danny. You guys this is John Carter and Taylor Smith. They are from Rockstar.”

“It’s nice to meet you. You’re staying for the show, I hope?” I ask politely.

The man, John, steps forward. “Of course, of course! We can’t wait to see you perform.”

“Yes, my son loves you guys. I think it’s safe to say you’re his favorite band and he has a crush on you.” Taylor directs the last at me. I redden slightly and smile. She continues talking.  “He was so excited when I told him I had a meeting with you.”

“Well, I just want you to know we already want you to tour under our sponsorship and getting to hear you play is just icing on the cake.” John smiles at all of us.

Suddenly Jimmy appears at my elbow. He whispers in my ear, “You’re on in 15,” then disappears.

“Excuse us guys, we’ve got to go. We’re playing in 15 minutes,” I tell them.

“Okay. You go ahead and we’ll be there in a few minutes to watch.” Gary turns back to Taylor and John and starts talking.

We leave them to head backstage. We put on finishing makeup, well Jennie and I do anyway. As we get done, Gary and the sponsor people walk up at the same time Rob does. Rob signals us to go on stage and Gary gives us a thumbs-up. Well, here goes nothing.