Nightmares

Okay, so beginning note: I wrote this in another book on another account which I forgot the password and username so...
Ships: Plance (weird, I know)
HC: Nonbinary Pidge
TW: Nightmares, mention of self harm

The only noise in the Castle of Lions, in Pidge's ears, was their boyfriend's light snoring and the quiet hum of the Castle. Pidge was mostly asleep, but they'd slept in the prior morning until about noon. As the hourly systems check started, causing a gentle whir, Pidge fell asleep.
Matt. Matt. Where was Matt? Matt was gone. Matt was gone.
Lance shook Pidge awake. "Babe?"
"Mmm?" Pidge rolled over to face him.
"You okay?" Lance asked.
"Uh, yeah. Just a bad dream."
"Wanna talk about it?"
"Nah. Thanks, though."
Lance rolled over, putting his back to Pidge. Pidge absentmindedly traced the scars on his back. They knew they were there, but never had cared to look. None of them looked like they were from the battles. "Pidge?"
"What? Oh, sorry," Pidge withdrew their hand.
"No, no, it's okay," Lance rolled back over to face Pidge.
"Lance?"
"Yeah?"
"What are they from?"
Lance bit his lip.
"Sorry. If you don't wanna talk about it, it's cool," Pidge looked at the pillow.
"No, I just- it's complicated. I- I- before my dad died, he would-" Lance coughed. "I think you get the picture."
"Oh, Lance," Pidge frowned.
"And some of them were, uh, results of being sad and having long arms."
"Lance," Pidge threw their arms around Lance.
"Yeah," Lance held Pidge to his chest.
"I love you," Pidge muttered against Lance.
"I know," Lance smiled a bit.

WC: 272