Chapter 52: Happily Ever After

The ball was as they usually are. Full of people in extravagant dresses who all tend to gossip about everyone. Except this was different, it wasn't just the higher classes, instead it was the lower classes too. Everyone was invited to celebrate. I plan to be more inclusive of everyone and hopefully we're stronger for it.

Walking in, everyone is quick to rush at me. I smile and thank them for their wonderful words until James comes to my aid. He's wearing a silver coat with a black sword cutting through rock sewed into it, the official symbol of Arkade. He holds his hand out, "Your Majesty, may I have this dance?"

I smile, "You may, Your Majesty."

He leads me away from the people and we begin dancing. We hold our right hands out with some space in between it and walk in a clockwise direction. Once we're back in our same position we switch hands going counterclockwise this time, "How's the royal life treating you?" He asks and I smile.

"Pretty well so far but it's only first day, and you?"

"Well besides the many people who want me to push a marriage with you, pretty well."

"Your council?" I ask.

He nods, "Yes but I tell them no. Besides, I'm the leader, if people want a council of old men leading, all they have to do is say. But since they don't, I can do what I feel is right and marrying you is something neither of us want."

I nod, "Well thank you for that."

He smiles, "Arrabella, I just want an alliance, if this alliance turns into something more, it does, if not, it doesn't. Either way, I just want to be allies."

"Thank you, James, I want that too."

Before we can continue the conversation, we're interrupted by David, "I beg your pardon King James but may I borrow Queen Arrabella for an urgent issue?"

James nods, "Of course."

David leads me to the side and looks at me, "You know what you must do now, don't you?"

I look over towards the Five. They are enjoying themselves with alcohol and talking to pretty girls of the court. Aru is sure to show off himself and how brave he is, making everyone but the other four laugh. All the people approach them, giving them their thanks and love. After everything they've done for Isaigalla, can I do this? I smile, of course I can.

"I do know what I need to do," I tell David, walking back and ordering the musicians to stop playing. All eyes are on me, this is it, this is what either makes me a better ruler or ends my rule right here, "My people, I thank you for helping me celebrate tonight. As many of you now know, I wasn't supposed to be the one to rule, my brother William was supposed to be king, this is new for me, I was never supposed to be in this position." With me back in power, I had a wizard bring back the memories of my brother. I didn't want him to be forgotten.

"I faced a lot of hardships getting my throne. I fought long and hard to give Isaigalla a ruler they would be proud of. I couldn't have done it by myself. If not for the Magnificent Five, Victor would still be in power. But you already know the story, there is no need to repeat it. I only have one question, do you fear the Magnificent Five?"

My advisors look at me with wide eyes, wondering where I'm going with this. The Five are confused as well but this moment is what matters right now. I see many of my people give a resounding no. Many others shout that they love them. I smile, proudly, this is what I wanted to hear, "My advisors think I should exile them. The same advisors who served Victor Lynx. The same ones who make more money than anyone in this kingdom. So here's what I think, I think we should get new advisors."