Chapter 49: The Final Battle

I took down ten men and felt exhausted. We still had so many more of Victor's men to take down and it felt like we didn't even make a dent. The Five tried not to use their power too much since we needed it for the real fight. Victor wanted to wear us down, easier to beat us then, and I wasn't going to go down easy.

Another one of his men try to strike me down with his sword but Victor truly trains them poorly, they leave their upper body open, letting me take them down easy. I guess it's a good thing that Victor sucks at training his men or else this would be much harder. After taking down some more men I see the numbers beginning to die down. Victor notices it as well and nods at Xenia. Xenia removes her sword for her sheath and heads towards me. It looks like the real fight is beginning.

She swings her sword, and I hit mine against her. I've improved since the last time we fought, and now I remember everything, she has no chance. She swings her sword off mine and tried to hit me with a knife from her sleeve. I push my body out, it missing me, and I land a kick to her leg. She feels her leg give out but she only falls down to one knee and tries her knife again. I grab a shield, letting it hit against that and then she hits her sword on the shield, the force knocking me a couple steps back. Before she can try something again, I hit the shield at her sword, throwing her back and then try to jab my sword at her. She dodges it, rolling out the way and standing back up. She laughs, "Well Arrabella, you're actually a challenge today."

"Well years of practice," I retort back.

She smirks, "You're good but I'm better."

I shake my head, "I disagree."

She runs at me, doing a flip over me, landing behind me. I already knew she was going to do that, and I let my sword hit hers. Xenia is shocked but I remember she used to do that move when we were young. The fact that I had stopped her attack distracts her enough for me to hit the butt of my sword into her chest, letting her fall down. She rolls out the way before I can do anything, moving some red hair from her face, and getting angry. The only thing Xenia had on me was her strength, she was much stronger than me and so this time when she hit her sword on mine, it actually knocked me down, and the sword flew out my hand. Before she could kill me, I grab one of the shields, letting the sword clang against that, and then hit the shield back again, it stops her for a split second, allowing me to grab my sword. I kick her in her chest, standing back up and standing my ground.

Xenia's hurt, I can tell because she's slouched over and she must know it. She begins laughing, "Oh Arrabella, you still fight like a kid."

I shrug, grinning, "Well Xenia, looks like my fighting is causing some damage, considering how you're slouched over."

She shakes her head, "Don't praise yourself, you still won't win."

I can see her eyes flicking behind me and I turn around, thrusting my sword in the chest of one of Victor's men. He tried to surprise me but he was more of a distraction than anything else. I turn around enough to let her sword hit mine but she knew that was going to happen. I move before her knife can cut me on my stomach and let it knick my arm. I feel pain from the cut but I simply turn in a circle, holding my sword up and throw it down, getting Xenia in her shoulder. The sword digs in her shoulder, making her drop her weapon and howling in pain. I elbow her in the face and kick her. She falls but isn't down for the count. She rolls out the way, grabbing another sword and using her other hand. Of course she's well trained in both arms.

"Don't think you're winning because you hurt me," she growls angrily, "I was always better than you."

I shake my head, "No you weren't, you just always thought you were but in reality, you never could be better than I was."