Chapter sixteen- Single Parent

Hi guys,

as promised here is the next chapter. Enjoy and please comment, vote and fan!

Love,

mourgana0704

---------------------------------

Chapter sixteen

Single Parent

BPOV

I was waiting outside the kindergarten for Heru to be brought outside by one of his teachers. I looked around and saw that a lot of these half ruined houses were going through heavy renovation.

I loved to stay in Harlem. This was a nice neighbourhood. People cared for each other, greeted each other, talked to each other and especially in our street on weekends there was another world.

Of course most of the people here were Afroamericans and me and Heru looked like the lost ones in between but they have already adopted us in their community.

After Herus first Birthday I had several calls from ladys who tried to help me by finding strength in God. This was really sweet. None of them were aware that I was one deity myself. But feeling the most precious gift like love for each other and empathy made it so special I loved the people of my area. Soon we were all known by name but we didn’t know them so going for “Groceryshopping” was allways fun. You would never be alone. From everywhere someone greeted me, like old ladys “Sugar, how are you today?” I smiled to myself I would only allow ald ladies to call me that. Or “Bellabeautiful, how have you been? Do you need help?” “Wow your little boy has grown so much lately”. I would say they were trying to give me a new home, a new life with a lot of friends. This helped on the daytime but at night when my little angel was sleeping. I couldn’t get rest. I couldn’t black out. Lately when I looked to the mirror I saw some little wrinkles on my skin. This was impossible. The only explanation  was that the seperation from Edward was the reason. I watched the DVD several times alone and caught myself by touching the screen in the hope to feel him through it… Totally wrapped in my thoughts I heard the most beautiful voice.

“Momma. You are here!” Heru squeeked…

“Yes my baby. I am here I got out of class this early just to pick my prince up.” I smiled at him and kissed his cheek.

“Good afternoon Ms Hecc. Heru was a prince charming as every day. I wish we would have some more kids like him!” She said. Here eyes were sad when she saw my engagement ring and the wedding band. “Ms Hecc, you have to let go. It makes it harder for yourself and for him. He needs a father figure in his life. Last Tuesday when he was napping I heard him murmur, Aunty tell Daddy I love him. I miss him, his voice and how he patted my back” She looked like she was trying to hold back her tears.

I cleared my throat in the attempt to keep my voice calm and not to break out in a cry as well.

“thank you for your kind words, but at the moment I want to concentrate on Heru and my studies. It is the end of the first year and I have exams right ahead.Thanks anyway”

Yes this was the reason for me. My Heru, and the thought of beeing able to help people soon as beeing a doctor. After entering the university here at Med school I was beamed how good my studies were. The professors were actually surprised that I was a single mom at my age. I told them the story and that I was living on the insurance my husband had got for me and our son. After the first semester I had the opportunity to take a head of extra exams and did succeed. This way I could skip three additional semesters. Now I had the semi finals a head and had to learn all day long and night.

I was walking with Heru to the next subway station when Heru started to send me his thoughts.

Momma, can I ask you something.