Prologue

"Erin I'm moving," Jagger says staring at me with his blue eyes. I can feel an ache in my chest. He can't go!

"What? Why!" I ask almost falling on him. He is my best friend! He has been there with me along with Ares and Casey. He's my Jag.

"I don't know. Dad is worried of something but he said we might come back!" He says trying to cheer me up. I look up at him feel dejected and look back down.

"No! You can't go Jag! You're my best friend and if you go I'll die!" I shout and sit down on a log. I know dramatic right? I just don't know how else to put it but simple.

"He said I had to cut all ties here so I won't be able to call or anything." He says running his hand threw his very tangled black hair. He is short and awkward but he is my best friend.

"No,you're lying!" I say and my voice breaks and tears fall down my face. He has to visit and be there. He promised he would always be there!

"Erin please don't cry!" He says and pulls me in a hug.

"But you are supposed to be there for my first hunt and all that stuff Jag!" I cry. He rubs my back while trying to calm me down.

"It's not my fault Erin but I want to be there for you," he says and wipes the tears off my face.

"You're my best friend! I love you!" I shout not ever wanting him to leave. He just can't.

"I love you too but you just won't understand." He says and kisses my forehead.

"Understand what? Jagger please tell me!" I beg. A lot of people tell me I won't understand stuff but I do!

"I can't fathers orders." He says and helps me back up.

"When?" I ask grabbing his hand. I h p per it's not soon.

"Today."

"What! Today and you just now told me?"

"I didn't know until I left the house today!" He says and holds back a branch. I need to calm down. So I will change the subject. Yep that's what I'm going to do.

"I'll race you!" I say.

"You're on!" He says and we both shift into our wolves and race back home.

~·~

That was five years ago when we were twelve. I haven't seen,talked or heard of Jagger since he pulled away in that truck with his pack. I kinda got mad and screamed at him again sorta leaving us on bad terms too. Way to go Erin. Yes, his pack,we are werewolves. There are the Grey pack which is Jagger's family,the Black pack which is mine,the Jade pack,the Green pack,the Brown pack and more. Most is a form of color but is after their first ever Alpha.

We are born able to shift and we can meet our mate at anytime but half the time you won't know it for a while. Female Alpha's are very rare but it does happen but mostly males are and then they find their Alpha female or Luna. A Luna is when they have to turn a human. We aren't the size of the normal wolves. We are huge.

There are witches and Vampires who we don't trust. Some Witches are okay but all Vampires must die. I'm Erin Black and this is my life as it happens.