Chapter 28:

Tasha: The next morning I awoke, the apartment was quiet as always. I looked up at the cieling fan blades turning. I looked at my clock, which read 11:00 am. It wasn't the latest I had ever woken up. But I knew I should get out of bed. I remembered Bucky's words from last night, "Never lose hope." I peeled back my covers. Sure Steve was never coming back, and I couldn't shake that, but I had to face the hope that maybe I would get better. I put my feet down on the ground, and walked out of the room. As I did so, I stepped on something. I picked up my foot, and I saw a blue scale. I looked sideways at it. It was one of the ones Steve used to have on his uniform. I shrugged. How long had it been there.

On my way down the hall I saw something else on the ground. The IPhone sized hunk of metal, the shield I had made for Steve when I was 16. I picked it up. How hadn't I noticed it. I pressed the button on the back, and the Shield unfurled. I smiled. It worked like a charm. I touched some of the scratches in the paint. I had worked so long on it. I put it down where I found it. Maybe I could give it to Bucky in his attempt to be Captain America.

I went into the kitchen. I presses power on the coffee maker. "Its already on Miss," AVIS told me.

"Seriously?" I asked, "How..." My question faded out as I looked over to the belcony patio door.

Steve stood, sipping coffee in a pair of dark blue jeans, and a grey tee shirt. My hand moved to my mouth. No. It couldn't be. He was dead. I blinked over and over. He didn't go away. "AVIS?" I asked, "Am I awake?" I asked.

"You are very much awake," AVIS said, "A code miss?"

"Yeah," I said.

"5150 High Tail," AVIS said. No way my dreaming mind would dream a code. But if it was a dream, I didn't want to wake up. I walked slowly out to the belcony. I opened the door, so slow it barely made a noise. I didn't want him to go away again, no matter what. He turned around, slowly. "Tasha," he whispered.

I ran up to him, not caring if I spilled his coffee all over. "Steve," I whispered, wrapping my arms around him so tight. I touched his hair, tears filling my eyes. "I thought you were dead," I whispered.

Then I back away a moment. Wait, he had been dead. I backed away, narrowing my eyes at him. I slapped his across the face.

"Ow," Steve said, "What was that for?"

"I thought you were DEAD!" I said. Then I smiled again, hugging him, "Please tell me this is real."

"It is very real Tasha," he whispered.

"How?" I asked.

"I guess I don't really know. One minute I was shot, and the next I'm sort of in a coma. I couldn't open my eyes. I couldn't do anything. But I could hear stuff. I was coherrant. When I woke up, I left. I kicked a few butts beforehand, but no one was really there," Steve said, "Tasha, I have so much to tell you. Starting with I'm sorry. I was a jerk. But I love you too much to lose you. Actually, I love you enough that I understand if you never want to see me ever again. I love you so much. So if you'll still have me."

"I never gave you up," I said, holding up my hand to show the ring.

Steve shook his head, smiling, "I love you so much Tasha." He leaned forward and kissed me. I never felt so happy in my life. He was alive. In all the crazyness, he was alive, and well. It was a myrical. When we finally parted, I wrapped my arms around him, afraid to let go. He kissed my head, "I'm never going anywhere again Tasha."

"What about Registration?" I asked, "Did you...?"

"Well, I actually have an idea for that," Steve said, "The law only applies if you are going to practice your powers."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"It's time to put down the Shield. I'm done," Steve said, "Like I said. I don't want to fight for a world where I can't be with the girl I love." He took my hand.

"You don't have to give it up," I said.

"It's time. I'm 95. I think its time to retire," Steve said. I laughed.

"Do you expect me to?" I asked.

"No," Steve said, "You aren't dead."

"I love you Steve," I whispered.

"Tasha, I love you too," Steve said.

(A/N: Read This!!!!! Alright guys. I'm going to have a press confrense in two chapters. I want to know, do you have any questions for Tasha or Tony. Steve will NOT be answering questions. But Tasha will answer Steveasha questions, along with ones about her. So ask your questions. I will be answering the ones I like, and I will dedicate/ mention you in another Authors Note. So any questions you have put on THIS CHAPTER. Ask Away. Don't forget to vote, comment, follow, all that jazz. Love yah! Slr689)