Chapter 6:

Tasha: The next day was the first day I head about the Act. "Congress takes into consideration, a way to control these super villains and heroes, and protect our nation from the threat they pose," the news caster said, showing pictures of different heroes and villains. I rolled my eyes. Then I froze when a picture of Steve and I in out super outfits. Really? Steve and I were a threat? Sure, people who were untrained and young. Okay, maybe not the young part since I was only 19. But people who were untrained sure they could be a threat, but me? I sighed.

"Their proposal to control those who lack the ability to be controlled? " the reporter asked. I was about to go on a mental rant about the insult, but was interrupted by her response.

"The SuperHuman Registration Act."

Now the three words together make my blood run cold. If I would have known then what would happen. Then my heart didn't skip a beat.

"The SuperHuman Registration Act will require any persons with superhuman abilities to register these powers, along with things such as mental state and experience with their powers. Then the test will be given to the government on whether or not these powerful people will have the ability to use their talents," the report explained. In that instant, I shut off the TV. This couldn't be real. This was going to kill people. Break them. What would happen to my life if this act went in to play?

"That," Steve said, appearing in the room, "is stupid."

"People are scared," I said, "Their job is to make them not scared anymore." I wondered who I was reassuring more, Steve or me.

That's when I realized Steve's outfit, dresses in a black suit, extremely dark. It contrasted his light toned hair. His muscular figure filled the suit perfectly.

"Wow," I said, "You look nice." Today Steve was attending the funeral of the victims at Stamford, one of two representatives of the Avengers on the scene.

"Got to look my best," Steve said, adjusting his tie.

"You did well," I said, walking over to him, "Captain. "

Steve smiled, "You know, maybe after we get married, we could be one of those cute super couples."

"And you could be Iron Man?" I asked, kissing him sweetly.

"Or you could be, I don't know, Iron America, " Steve said.

"Iron Patriots taken," I said, "And frankly, I hate those couples."

"Me too," Steve laughed. He kissed me.

"You are on schedule right now," AVIS said, "Two minutes to Fashionably Late."

"You should go," I said.

"Yeah," Steve said, "Or I could be Fashionably Late."

"You don't want to be late for a funeral," I said, "Expecially one they think we're partly to blame for."

"Fine," Steve said, backing slowly away from me.

"Love you," I said.

"Love you too," he said back just before leaving.

Steve: AVIS annoys me. I was, according to AVIS, going to be fashionably late. But I made it with time to spare. That's time I could have spent with Tasha.

During the service, I looked over to Tony, who I had skillfully sat a little over from. He was on his phone, watching TV. Did the man have no respect? I tapped his shoulder. He looked up and pulled his ear buds out.

"Do you have no respect for the dead?" I asked him after the service.

"I'm sorry people are wrongfully blaming us for this and I felt the need to check up on it," Tony said, sarcastically.

"Look around to check up on it," I said.

I didn't like Tony much. Frankly, he didn't like me much either. He had been particularly bitter with me since I started dating his daughter. Sometimes, I wondered why the girl for me had to be Tony Stark's daughter. Then I remembered because she was Tasha, who was amazing, and didn't exactly come in any other models. I loved Tasha, more than anything. But sadly, my in law choices were slim to Tony.

"Listen; I just wanted to see the media's perspective. I wanted to see how this is going to affect all of our lives before it all changes," Tony said. That's when I saw Peter Parker standing, nodding to a couple dressed in black.

"Will you go tell him he wasn't needed here," I said, my voice chilling even to me. Tony looked towards Peter and rolled his eyes.

"He's probably taking pictures for the Bugal, Cap," Tony said.

"Yeah, he just happens to be your pet and here and an Avenger all at the same time," I said, "You do the Math, son."

"Okay, me of all people you can't call son," Tony said, ignoring my point.

"Why not, that's what I call everyone, and you are technically less than half my age," I said.

"You can't call me 'Son' if you are marrying my daughter, it's just weird," Tony said, "And don't make it any grosser."

"Sorry," I muttered, the mention of Tony's cold feelings toward my relationship with Tasha shutting me up instantly.

"Hey Peter's single, " Tony said, "And only a few years older than Tasha."

"Too bad Tasha is engaged, " I spat.

"Mah, technicalities, " Tony said with a wave of his hand.

"Did it ever cross your mind maybe I just make your daughter happy? " I asked.

"Nope," Tony said, "I'm going to go talk to Peter. "

"If your going to talk about dating your daughter I suggest you put a helmet on," I said, suddenly worried.

"It might come up, Cap, " Tony said, walking away.

Tony: It was only a few minutes into talking to Peter that she came up. "I can't believe that you would show up to this," a woman said, "You selfish jerk."

"I came to say that I'm sorry and offer what I can to help, " I said peacefully.

"You have my sons blood on your hands as much as Nitro or any of those others. You employ them," She said angrilly. Yes, I did fund many super human payrolls, including the New Warriors, but was I to blame. My stomach twisted.

"I meant no harm," I said, keeping a sober look on my face.

"If you would have pulled out a few dimes for better training maybe my son would be alive!" the woman said. That's when Happy pulled up and started warding off the woman. That was my moment of clarity. I sighed.

"There was nothing you could do," Happy said in the car.

"But there is something I can do," I said absently. And that something had to do with the Registration Act.