Chapter 11:

Tasha : That night I got home late. "Hey," Steve said when I walked in, "Did you have a good time?"

"Yeah," I sighed the lie. I was lying a lot tonight.

"Any annoying press people?" Steve asked, smiling slyly.

"It is a Stark Party," I said, laughing off the awkwardness of lying to Steve.

"Anyone dance with you?" Steve asked.

"One guy. Or well, he asked but I turned him down," I said.

Steve smirked to himself, "I'd be the jealous boyfriend I tend to be, but how can I balme him. You're beautiful tonight."

I blushed, "Thanks."

"Although," Steve said, getting close to me, "I've always prefered your hair down," He grabbed the few bobby pins there were then I felt my hair fall down my back.

"You realize how long it takes to do that right?" I asked.

Steve laughed, "I love you Tasha. And I'm sorry I've been pressuring you a lot lately. Its just that I'm so afraid of losing you without warning. I just don't want that. Not again."

I knew then he was referring to Peggy, his girlfriend when he had gone into the ice. He had once told me, that if he hadn't been in the ice he would have tried to marry her. He followed it up by saying he was glad he had a second chance to find someone who was only better.

Steve kissed my forehead. "I'm going to bed," he whispered.

"Okay," I said, going to get changed into pajamas.

That night I tossed and turned, as I did most nights. But today, I knew another reason. What had my dad said when he picked his side?

I crept out of bed slowly, and went to the living room. "Can't sleep miss?" AVIS asked, her volume only in my head.

"Turn on the TV but use your audio to play volume," I whispered. Steve was an extremely light sleeper.

"To what?" AVIS asked.

"My dad talking about the side he chose first," I said.

The TV turned on to a picture of my dad. "If I have something that is beyond what the rest of the world has," Tony said, "Then I want to share it. If my world needs me, I want to help."

I had said those words. When I was 16 and signing up with SHIELD. My dad was quoting me. Could I turn my back on my own words? No. I couldn't. Could I turn my back on Steve? That had yet to be prooven. "You have to register or join Steve's side. There isn't an in between," AVIS said.

"What do I do AVIS? " I asked, putting my head in my hands.

"You stand for what you believe in. And spend as much time with Steve as possible," AVIS advised.

"What about Steve?" I asked.

"He'll want you to be fighting for what you believe, " AVIS said.

"Okay," I said, "But I'll tell him later. When I have as little time as possible. "

I went back to bed only to toss and turn until morning.