Chapter 12:

Tasha: Days passed us by easily. But tension rose as the days got closer and closer to the due date of Registration.

Today was the day.

Tony: I was antsy. Tasha hadn't registered, nor had, many of my friends. Carol had registered a week ago, but otherwise no one really had. It made me sick.

But lately I began to worry about Tasha's registration. With Steve on one side and her undecided, I began to worry. "What if she doesn't and joins Steve?" I asked Pepper the day Registration was due.

"Then that's her perogotive," Pepper said, "She knows the repercussions better than any one."

"I think you're missing the point. I don't want to be the one to call the death order on my daughter. "

"I don't know what to tell you. I want her to register as much as you, but I think we need to face the fact that she may not, " Pepper said.

"Then what?" I asked.

"Then you do whatever you can to help her slide under the table," Pepper said, "Other than get yourself thrown in jail."

Tasha: "So do you have any idea what you are going to choose yet?" Steve asked.

"I don't know," I whispered.

"Dang it Tasha," Steve said slamming his fist on the table top.

"What are you mad about?" I asked, "If I don't choose then I'm on your side."

"No, Tasha. Its not the same I can't do anything if you don't choose to be loyal to the Resistance," Steve said.

"So you wouldn't protect me anyway is what you're saying?" I asked my voice rising.

"You said yourself you don't need protection," Steve said, matching my volume.

"Well just cause I don't need it doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to hear from your boyfriend he'd protect you anyway!" I said, my tone getting louder.

"Why won't you just choose a side!?" Steve shouted.

"Because!" I shouted.

"That's so immature! " Steve shouted back at me, "What are you afraid of? Do you think I'm going to let anyone hurt you or anything?"

"Hey Steve here's a crazy idea! Maybe I don't believe the same a YOU!"

The room went silent.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked, "What about everything we've been through? Are you going to throw it all away?"

"No," I said, "Of course not."

Then Steve did something I didn't expect. He laughed.

"Tash," Steve laughed, "Don't scare me like that."

"Don't scare you like what. I'm serious," I said,

Steve stopped laughing and stared at me for a long, terrifying moment. "Tash, what are you saying?" he asked.

"I've given it a lot of thought," I said, "And my dad used my words to describe why he joined the side he did. Now maybe he's the only one who knows other than me. But can I really be as much of a hypocrite as to not follow my own words?"

"I can't believe you Tasha!" Steve shouted, "He's using you, trying to get in your head! "

"Is he?" I asked, "Or is that just what you're hoping?"

"Tasha, it's wrong they're trying to strip us of our human rights. Its what they did to slaves!"

"Maybe it is!" I shouted back, "But it's what I believe! And what happened to 'no pressure' and 'I won't hurt you!'"

"That went away when you decided to throw yourself away!" Steve spat.

I glared at him for a moment. I felt as though teats were coming to my eyes. I turned fast and stomped towards the bedroom. "Where are you going?" Steve asked angrilly.

"I'm grabbing a few things. I'll be back to grab the rest of it at 12:01 tonight and if you're still here then, I'll call SHIELD and personally turn you in," I said, my voice cold.

I grabbed my laptop and my phone from the bedroom. I turned to see Steve. "Where should I go?" Steve asked, "It's as much mine as yours."

"I'm not saying you can't be here other times. I'm just saying don't be there then," I said, "Besides, shouldn't you be picking out a layer then or something. "

"You don't have to do this Tasha," Steve said.

"You've done your part to tell me I do," I said.

Steve glared at me, "I'll see you on the Battlefield, Miss. Stark." Unlike most of the times he used the name, his tone dripped with acid. "You've prooven yourself of that name. "

His dark eyed were the last thing I saw before I left.

As I drive I gritted my teeth angrily

Tony: A message popped up on my screen. Iron Woman/Natasha Maria Stark-Pells has registered.

I smiled. Then I got a text. Dad, I hope it's okay if I stay at your place for a while, Steve didn't take it well and I need a place to go. Oh no Steve didn't.