Chapter 14:

Tony: Press conference. I looked around, the Stark Industries conference room. It was filled to the brim. I shivered as daja vu hit. The last time it had been this full was when I had admitted to the world I was Iron Man.

I looked out at people. "As you guys are fully aware," I started, "The Registration Act has gone into play as of midnight last night."

A reporter raised his hand, "So, I belive the public is dying to know what happens to the heroes who are resisting the Act."

"They will be dealt with," I said, "If they decide to Register, then they will be given the chance and can have a chance to avoid pentatlty."

"But what about all they've done for us?" another reporter asked.

"That will be taken into account. This was more or less to take down the bad guys and the people who don't know how to use their powers. To phrase it in a different way, just because you have the ability to make an atomic bomb, you don't get to wire one in Times Square. I know, I learned that the hardway when I was about 10," the crowd laughed at my joke.

"How will you keep them inprisoned?" a reporter asked.

"That is top secret information between me and the US Government themselves," I said.

That's when everyone started looking above my head. I looked up to see a red and blue clad Spiderman. He thought then the most people would recognize him.

"I don't think the Amazing Spiderman really needs an introduction," I said The crowd laughed.

"Hi," Peter said behind the mask, "Uh, I want to do something, and I hope Tony Stark here doesnt mind me stealing his show." The crowd laughed.

"So here goes nothing," Peter said. That's when he pulled of his mask, showing everyone his face.

"My name is Peter Parker and I have been Spiderman since I was 16 years old," Peter said.

The crowd went wild.

Tasha: I sat on my bed, submersed in a new video game I had created for my entertainment. So far I was on level 12, and being knighted by the Drock Lord King. Needless to say I created World of Warcraft in a better way.

Anywho, that was when I heard someone's voice. They were talking to my dad. For a moment I questioned it being Steve. But then I realized that was about as likely as it being my mom talking to my dad.

I walked outside to see who it was. Peter stood, as my dad gestured to the Stark Tower mainroom.

"This is becoming the new Pro Act HQ," Tony said.

"So you registered?" I asked, smiling and leaning against the doorway.

"Hey, Tasha!" Peter said, smiling, "You registered."

"Yeah," I said, "What can I say a life of solitude from the rest of the Superhero world just wasn't for me."

"I'm just a little surprised. When I heard about Steve's side I expected you to follow him," Peter said.

"Yeah," I said, "But I am my own person and so is Steve."

"Is Steve here?" Peter asked.

I shook my head, "He's got too strong of a head for that. You should know that." My voice came out a little colder than expected. Peter nodded.

"That's a bummer," Peter said.

"We'll be fine without him," I said. I hoped my double meaning stayed single to Peter. He gazed at me for a long moment, then turned back to my dad.

"So what is the first step we're taking against the resistance?" Peter asked.

"We've got an energy plant we're expecting them to take soon. When they do, we'll be there," Tony said, eyeing me cautiously.

"So we wait?" Peter asked, seeming a little bummed out.

"We wait," Tony said.