Chapter 15:

Tasha: I stared down the screen of my phone. Nothing would happen of course. But I wished something would. Would he call me? Would he want me to forgive him, or expect an appology from me?

I picked up my phone and went into contacts. I tapped Steve's. Of course, then I put the phone back down on the bed. Could I trust that we weren't talking to anyone other than just the two of us? Could I be labled a traitor just for calling? I shut off the screen of my phone. Then I turned it on again, staring at the contact. I looked at the text icon. Surely they would read it and find out I was just asking to talk about the two of us, no plans.

I sent a text You want to talk. I just want to say I'm sorry.

Steve: My phone buzzed on the table in front of me. I was just grabbing some extra shields from home. I checked the text. It was from Tasha. You want to talk? I just want to say I'm sorry.

I bit my lip. I wanted to talk to her. But no. I couldn't forfit my side like that. I left the phone where it was. I didn't reply. I picked up the shields and left, but the text still echoed in my mind.

I sat at a table, sipping coffee under a fake mustache next to Matthew Mitchelle, aka Daredevil, Bill Foster, aka Goliath, and Luke Cage. "Mr. Hendrick, would you care for more coffee?" the waitress asked.

My mind wandered back to Tasha. I hoped she wasn't hurt by yesturday. Get a grip, of course she's hurt. You were a complete and total jerk! "Mr. Hendrick," the waitress said again. It was then I remembered he was Hendrick.

"Yes please," I said, nodding to his cup.

"You buy your undercover game at the same place you bought that mustache?" Matt said, laughing. My fake mustache was seriously tragic. I was used to being clean shaven, so of course I didn't leave the little ammount of stuble the mustache needed to look real. And the mustache had a shape that reminded me of Hitler. On top of it all, it itched to beat the band.

"My name is Brett Hendrick," I recited for the 17th time today.

"And I get to be Rockwell Barabaro," Matt said, "And appearently I am a software designer. Seriously Cage, couldn't get us something cool. Like a stunt double or something. Maybe even a Music Producer?" (A/N: This is a real line from the story. I did not come up with this for those of you who know and/or follow me and know this is my obsession)

"Hey, it's hard to get these. And we blend well," I said.

"Sure thing Adolf," Bill laughed.

I glared at him, "Real funny."

"What's got you in a twist?" Luke asked.

"Nothing," I said, my mind once again flickering for a brief second to Tasha, who was doing who knows what right now.

"I'm just mad because I promised a Make-A-Wish kid I would play baseball with him in his front yard. But the kid probably has Tony's goons all over it," I was lying of course, but only a little. Yes I was bummed I couldn't play baseball with the kid, because it was his short life's dream, but Tasha being gone was the main reason I was upset. But I couldn't let that stop me now.

"Tough luck. And poor kid too," Bill said.

"Why do we take this crap from them?" I asked, "Why do they give us this crap. I mean that's a kid, and they just take and take, until there isn't much less for us to run on."

Luke nodded, "We can only hope they'll understand us eventually."

I jumped up from the table, throwing some money on the table. "Come on," I said, "I have a plan."

Tasha: "They took the bate," a SHIELD agent staring at a screen said, "They just got to the chemical plant."

"Let's go," Tony said. Peter followed dutifully. I turned after him and followed, suiting up as I went.

The chemical trap was the trap we had set. I followed my dad and Ms. Marvel. The plane followed us. "Who's all there?" I asked over my radio.

"Daredevil, Cloak and Dagger, Luke Cage, Hawkeye," Black Widow's voice tensed as she said his name, "Goliath, Captain America, and a few others."

I didn't say anything at my boyfriend's super hero alliace. My dad looked over his shoulder at me. "You gonna be okay?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said, "Why not?" I knew why not. But I pretended to be stronger than I was.

We landed in the warehouse, one by one. First my dad, then Ms. Marvel, then Spiderman, then finally I worked up the nerve to land. I looked from person to person, slowly. I could feel him in the room, although I hadn't turned my head to see him yet. It was like we had a magnetic tension between the two of us. "You guys fell for this all too easy, " Tony said through his mic. Then the fight began. People started running at us, power sparking and radiating. I saw Luke Cage and the thing collide. I shot one of my Palm thrusters towards a pair of fighting supers, only the power went between them, knocking them apart and blowing a hole in a container of thick green chemicals. I heard a loud clang and I saw Daredevil had spilled a bunch more chemicals onto the ground. Then I twisted again and I saw him.

We stopped fighting for just a split second and made eye contact. His blue eyes stared straight towards mine. I wanted to run up him and tell him I loved him. But that couldn't happen.

Steve: When I saw her land, it made me want to cry almost. Her cherry red and black suit landed with a loud clang against the cement floor.

Then there was that moment in the middle of the battle. She looked straight at me, and I wanted to press the button at the back of her neck, so I could see the expression on her face. There was no kidding myself. No matter what, I still loved her.

She turned away from me, shooting in a different direction. Then someone came down from the sky with a big flash of lightening. There stood a big, bulky man, his long blond hair and mid-evil armor.

Thor stood in the battle.

Thunder cracked, lightening flashed. I realized something was very wrong. He was dead. He also seemed too stony, like all he wanted to see was the blood of mortles. Goliath went to battle him. That's when it happened. Lightening flashed and Goliath was on the ground, with a large round hole in his chest.

The edges of his chest were singed and burnt. There was no blood, for it had been dried around the edges, and burnt. A few of us stopped and we're taken down by other pro Act heroes. Daredevil, Cloak, and a few others were escorted to the ship. "Troops," I shouted, "Fall out." And they did, or what was left of them. I took one last glance at Goliath 12 foot body, on the ground, and dead. I looked to Thor, who had no mercy in his dark eyes. Then I made a quick final glance to Tasha, only to leave a moment later.