Chapter 18:

Tasha: I sat in my room, my headphone's blaring Shoot to Thrill by AC DC. I was faced with the realization. Had I chosen the wrong side, and given up my relationship with the man I loved for it? I looked back on the way he looked at me when we were fighting. It hadn't been angry, but measuring. I sighed. There wasn't much I could do now. Was there?

Peter: "Hey, Peter," Tony said, "Can I ask you a huge favor?"

"Sure," I said, looking at Tony confused.

"Tasha," Tony said, "She's been going through a hard time. And, well, I think she needs someone."

"Seriously?" I asked before thinking. Tony looked at me. "It's just, she A) seems to be okay for what she's going through and B) if she's not she probably won't really want anyone around."

"I want her to see there are people who aren't fighting for the wrong side," Tony said.

I closed my eyes as to not roll them. "Sure," I muttered. I left the room.

Tasha: I heard a knock on my door. I answered to see Peter standing there. "Uh, hey," I said, confused.

"I'm just as confused as you," he said, raising his hands surrenderingly.

"Tony?" I asked.

"Yep," Peter said, "Can I come in."

"Sure," I said, shrugging.

"I have to say, your dad seems pretty sure something is going to happen between the two of us," Peter said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Where are you going with this Peter?" I asked.

"No where," Peter said, "Its just that I really can't think of you as anymore than a little sister."

"Yeah," I said, "You're a teammate to me. Steve is much more."

"How are you with the whole Steve thing?" Peter asked.

"I'm fine. We're individuals, we're going to have different beliefs," I said, shrugging.

"You know, you don't have to do that," Peter said.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Cover your thoughts. My best friend all through high school was a girl. I know you have feelings," Peter said. I laughed.

"If I say something, it doesn't leave this room," I instructed. Peter made a zipping his lips movement. "Okay," I said, "I guess, to be honest, I'm bummed with Steve. I mean, not at the side he chose or anything, but that he can't stand my opinion. He's mad because I didn't choose his side, but that's not what I believe." I paused, looking at my ring, "I just hope that in the end we can over look it all and move on."

"When I lost MJ I hoped the same thing. I know that's not helpful, but I guess its kind of similar. Of course, in the end it didn't work. She wouldn't marry Spiderman. If I'd only been normal," Peter sighed.

"Normal," I said, "Sometimes I wonder what its like."

"It's nothing special. By definition in fact," Peter said. I laughed.

"You know, you underestimate it," I said.

"I think you over estimate it. Its just being a normal kid, no powers, or crazy smarts. Just getting a swirly every few days for no real reason," Peter said.

"You get to live a life though. You get to have those memories. You get to compare dumb stories to other people," I said, "You get to go to barbeques and prom and normal stuff."

"I actually never went to prom," Peter said, laughing slightly.

"Okay, but still. You know how much I'd give to just be normal sometimes," I said. I sighed, "You know, up until recently, I hadn't had a best friend. "