Chapter 19:

Steve: I walked carefully down the street, my fake mustache still itching. Due to being the most wanted man alive right now, I also had a pair of sunglasses and a fedora pulled down over my blonde hair. The two additions I actually sort of liked. But that wasn't the point.

I stopped at a magazine stand. I was hoping not to see my face. I did of course, but there was another face plastered all over. Or more, two more. Tasha was on many different magazine covers. Holding the hand of Peter Parker for good measure. The headlines were scattered. From "Quick Rebound" to "Super Cute" . I rolled my eyes. How long did that reporter wait to run the "Super Cute" title.

Although, I wasn't angry. She was happy. If Peter could give her that and I couldnt, I was happy.

Peter: The next morning I walked down to Tony 's workshop. A database was pulled up on one of his screens. I looked around, making sure the coast was clear. Then I sat down in his chair and looked at the screen. It was pulled up to something called the 50 State Initiative. I read. It didn't explain much. More it was a list of names. There was Ms. Marvel, along with Iron Man, and Mr. Fantastic. But those weren't the names that shocked me. I also noticed Jack O'Lantern, and The Jester. Villains. And when Villains are on the same list as heroes, nothing is good.

"Peter," Tony's voice made me jump, "I don't remember giving you access to my workshop."

"I just came down here to ask you a question," I said.

"And decided on snooping when you realized I wasn't in there," Tony asked, "Not the smartest plan."

"What's the 50 State Initiative? " I blurted. Tony smiled.

"We plan on putting a Super Team in all 50 of the States. One per State," Tony said, crossing his arms.

"What about these villains? " I asked.

"They're part of it. They've agreed to switch sides," Tony said.

"And you believe them?" I asked, "Jack is nuts. And Jester too!"

"But we're low on people Peter. You should know that," Tony said.

"Then bring down the numbers," I said.

"I can't expect you to understand, " Tony said.

"I'm tired of this," I said, "I'm out."

"Excuse me?" Tony asked.

"I'm out. I won't fight for someone with more secrets and tricks up their sleeve than a mob," I said.

"After everything I've done for you. I gave you a suit, I took you under my wing, and this is how you repay me?" Tony asked.

"No," I said, "This is." I swung forward, about to kick Tony.

"Pass code Broken Toy!" Tony shouted. In an instant my suit locked up and I fell to the ground hard.

"You honestly think I'm stupid enough to not put in a code so my work won't be used against me?" Tony asked.

"Pass code Whatever a Spider can!" I yelled, "Do you honestly think I'm stupid enough to not notice."

I punched Tony hard in the gut, then he started summoning his suit. I pointed my webs at him and pulled him forward , only to shove him to the ground. I shot my web at the roof, swinging forward. I heard Tony's thrusters powering up and rolled to dodge the fire of one. I ran upstairs.

"What's going on?" Tasha asked me as I ran past.

"I'm leaving," I said, my voice more angy than she deserved, "I'll tell Steve you say hi."

Her look was in awe as she watched me run away. I only knew one thing, get to the sewers.

Steve: Chaos broke out in the Resistance HQ. Punisher had arrived, with a limp Spiderman in his arms. "What's going on?" I asked.

"He switched sides," Punisher said, "Then Stark's little cronies Jack O'Lantern and the Jester showed up and tried to kill him. He's hanging on by a thread."

"Hold on, Jack and Jester?" I asked, "They are recruiting bad guys."

"Judge later, help now," Punisher said, moving his eyes in a gesture towards Peter.

"What makes you think we trust anything you have to say?" Sam asked. (I'm not totally sure I've mentioned him but he's Falcon)

"I have a dying Spiderman in my hands and I hate Tony as much as you guys, and I've got a little Intel to share. So does Spidey," Punisher said.

"Seems good enough," I muttered. I hated this. But if Tony was doing it, he deserved it.

Tasha: I went downstairs to see my dad's workshop in near shambles. A battle. Tony had an old Iron Man helmet in his hands. I sighed, "What did you do?" I asked.

"You mean what did Peter do?" Tony corrected, "He was snooping on my computer, and he switched sides."

"And you wouldn't just let him go?" I asked instantly.

"My job is to not just let anyone go to the other side," Tony said, "And that's how he wanted it."

I rolled my eyes, "So you thought fighting him was the best idea?"

"No, but I thought trying to convince him to stay was," Tony said.

"So in other words fighting?" I asked, raising an eye brow.

"You don't seem the least bit hurt by this," Tony said, "You seemed pretty close with him last night."

"You mean having a good time with a friend?" I asked, "I've gotten used to it."

Steve: Peter was patched up and fixed. "I've got questions for him," I said.

"I know about the prison," Punisher said, basicaly ignoring me.

"What about?" I asked.

"Its in this Negative Zone thing," he said, "You go in with some form of eye protection and such otherwise you get this wierd disorientation thing going on."

"Okay," I said, "Where."

"All over," Punisher said, "There's portals to it all over the country."

"Good to know," I said, "Any idea where the portals are?"

"I'm not sure. That's the most I could squeeze out of my source. But I think Peter knows," Punisher said, "Peter knows a lot. Being Tony Stark's pet and all."

"Thanks," I said, just as Peter started moaning and having a sort of awake state about him. A moment later he was awake. He rubbed his eyes.

"Cap," he said, "Long time no see."

"I heard you switched sides," I said, rasing an eyebrow.

"Couldn't stand what they were doing on the other side," Peter said.

"Hey, uh, can I talk to Peter alone for a quick minute?" I asked.

Punisher nodded and left. I turned back to Peter, "You better not have hurt her when you left."

"Huh?" Peter asked.

"Tasha," I said.

"What do you mean? How could I have hurt her?" Peter asked.

"Weren't you two..." I trailed off, fighting the urge to say "fondueing" like I had to Peggy while I was in the military. Pre ice days.

"No," Peter said, "What would make you think that?"

"I saw it on a magazine," I said.

"We just had a good time. As friends. Don't worry. Nothing happened," Peter said.

"Good to know," I said, "Rest up son. Then I want to know everything and anything you know."