A Day In the Life of the Fujioka Family part 2

Haruhi grumbled from beside Ranka. "This makes no sense dad, why didn't you tell me you were getting calls from Kyoya-sempai?!" Ranka backed away with a seriously innocent expression on his face. "I'm sorry dear, I didn't think it was that important." She then proceeded to yell at sempai for constantly growing mushrooms in her storage closet, the one that I just cleaned the other day. I sighed but irritation was obviously evident. My eye twitched and Honey sempai touched my arm, "Ang-chan, don't be mad too. Do you want to hug Usa-chan?" He asked, even though his tone was sweet I stood up and sighed then walked toward the door. "Angela dear, where're you going?" Ranka asked.

"To the market." I mumbled. Haruhi pushed off Ranka, he was clinging to her previously and calling her cute. "I'm going too then." She announced and when she stood beside me, sliding on her shoes Hikaru exclaimed, "We want to go too!" I ignored him and shut the door behind us.

Halfway to the market Haruhi sighed, "They really are annoying." I nodded. "I don't understand why we put up with them." She lightly smiled, "Well, my dad's the same way. After mom passed he's become more conscious of me as well as himself. He took on the role of mother and father and started getting himself more involved into my life. I can't say it's completely bothersome though."

"Lucky you." I sincerely said. She quirked a brow.

"You said your mother was...dead but where's your father?" She inquired, a tone in her voice saying that she really didn't want to impose but I answered anyway. "He's deceased as well." Even though Haruhi made it clear that she didn't want to impose I still felt offended and the nostalgia came back; the memories of my parents. "O-oh." I didn't nod, just continued to walk with my head held high.

"It's nothing to feel bad about, I assure you I'm perfectly fine. You cant sob and feel bad about the past, they're gone it's over. Let's buy the food."

-Haruhi-

When she said that I was completely stunned. I tried to assure myself Angela didn't really mean it but her voice betrayed it strongly. It surprised me how much I’ve been used to having at least one parent, but two dead? Angela…she’s so

-Tamaki-

Independent and mature. I couldn't imagine having neither parent around. I bet she doesn't even have a guardian. Angela's the youngest out of all of us, but yet she doesn't let things like that bother her.

-Kaoru-

r at least she appears not to be bothered by them. Angela doesn't wear her feelings on her sleeve, and that's a high disadvantage for her. There's something about her that seems odd, and I haven't been telling my brother this but it could be possible that Angela couldn't be human, or at least she shuts her feelings away. Come to think about it I've never seen her cry. Doesn't it make her sad? I would feel lonely even then if I have Hikaru....but she has no one now. Not since she returned to Japan that butler Sebastian and Ciel can’t be her real family. Hikaru beside me looked disturbed but most of all worried for her. The same thought had struck him. "So in reality...Ang-chan's all alone?" Honey sempai questioned in a sad tone, hugging his bunny tightly. Ranka held his head low, I couldn't read his expression well.

"I didn't realize she was so cold." Kyoya sempai muttered, a part of me was kind off put off by him. But I sweatdropped. My brother threw a glare at the spectacled male before letting it go and turning back around. We continued to follow them.

-Angela-

They all thought they were sly but they're not. I've known they were following us for a while now, along with Ranka. I didnt bother telling Haruhi; she'll know sooner or later. As soon as we arrived inside the market she went to the meats and I followed, looking around the market. There weren't much people in today and that was good because behind us the host club made all the noise they could. Although, Haruhi didn't

suspect a thing. Suddenly, Tamaki sempai, looking battered, landed on the floor in front of us. He stood up. "Sempai, what're you doing here?" Haruhi asked. I immediately left and wandered, hoping for Haruhi to rely on her instincts and shop for the right ingredients.

"I don't see it Kaoru where is it?" Hikaru said, from around the corner I could make out his voice and it was evident he was on the verge of a whining state. I walked over there, with as little reluctance as possible but soon sighed, the twins were looking up and down this long aisle, bumping into people not even using their manners. Soon the older Hitachiin spotted me and exclaimed my name, sending other shoppers to look at me with accusing glares. I shook my head, saying that I did not know this boy but he grabbed my hand and proceeded to do what I previously mentioned. The things I do to myself.

"Hikaru, what are you searching for?" I inquired.

"Instant coffee."

"Why could that possibly be so famous that you have to bustle through civilians in a 7 feet aisle and cause problems?"

"Because, it's instant coffee!" he exclaimed, as if it was so obvious. On the contrary, the absurdity of it only added to his abstract reason. I rolled my eyes and looked down at his hand grasping mine. To be honest, it feels warm on my skin, it's not only because that I'm naturally cold but makes me feel warm; and his hands are humanly soft, like I've never felt before. I actually feel glad that he's holding my hand. Although, I should be offended that I'm being led through a market like I'm a lost child whose being guided for his mother. But, in the slightest intention I try to pull my hand away, only for him to squeeze it tighter; I assume he's doing this consciously.  I shake my head, these ridiculous observations I put myself through.

"Kaoru!" Hikaru exclaims when we find him. "Did you find it yet?" His brother shakes his head dismissively and we three have initiated an adventure through the whole market looking for coffee.

-Kaoru-

Hikaru leads us through the aisles of the market, I desperately think we all need this coffee and since Haruhi seems so reluctant everytime when we tell her to retrieve some we should take the opportunity to do it our ownselves. That's the same attitude that made me wary of commoners before I met Haruhi. I shove my hands in my pockets and glance at Angela, still remembering what she said earlier. She couldn't possibly mean it could she? My eyes wander down to her hand, almost intertwined with Hikaru's. I don't feel anything at first; I believe I shouldn't feel jealous, Angela doesn't seem interested in Hikaru...or the aspect of love at all. I find that strange, any human would want to know about love.

"Kaoru I found it! It's there!"

-Angela-

Hikaru runs over to the coffee, pulling me with him and Kaoru silently follows. I find it strange that Kaoru it being unusually quiet, but I don't think I should question him on it. Not yet anyway. There in front of us is a huge mount of stacked containers filled with coffee powder. I don't see what's in the least bit interesting about it. But looking over at this foolish twin beside me I see why it is in his face that's lit up like a child. His eyes are bright and a smile is on his face. I shake my head, too many observations.

Back at the house we all our seated around the kotatsu, which doesn't provide enough space for all of us. I look at the hot pot dismissively in front of me. I thought I trusted Haruhi with the right ingredients, alas, I should have supervised her. From the other end of the table Ranka is filling Tamaki sempai's plate with chrysanthemum while Kaoru fills his with meat and Honey sempai talks vividly to Mori sempai who only grunts. I can never imagine a family dinner this vivid with my family, or at the estate. It was always quiet and much less bothersome.

"Angela your plates not even full, here." Hikaru practically dumps his portion onto my plate. I don't even like most of these foods, truly bothersome, but I should eat them, to at least try to be nice to the poor boy.

He grins widely at me when I look up but I immediately look away.  "This food isn't really that good. If I get sick it will be your responsibility." "Fine with me." he pats my head and I grumble under his laugh. 

I guess this is different...sometimes different can be good.