A Day In The Life Of The Fujiokas part 1

"Angela! I'll be seeing you later, dear." Ranka-san called from the hallway. "Okay." I hear the door shut as I look at the clock. It is early in the morning, too early for most people to be up, except for Ranka-san and I. I wipe the sweat from my forehead as I finish up cleaning the back room. I don't finish until past 8:50. Afterward I rest in the living room.

"Angela?" A voice down the hall says.

"Good morning, Haruhi." I say when she arrives between the walkway. Although she is dressed she rubs her eyes sleepily. "What are you doing up so early?" I raise my brow and look at the clock. "It is only 9 o clock. It is still before noonday. Sleeping in too late can be detrimental to one's health." She waves me off as if I'm speaking nonsense. "Ah, are you going somewhere?" I inquire as she slips on her shoes. "The market." she bluntly replies and then leaves out the door. I raise my brow, I would expect her to ask me if we needed anything first.

I found somethings interesting in the back room earlier. I didn't want to mention it to Haruhi, if she didn't know. Something that normally doesn't move me was how Haruhi never talks about her mother. Of course, I never talk about mine either but...recently it's been hurting a lot. And I felt a wave of nostalgia when, in that back room, I found a framed picture of Haruhi and her mother. When I looked at the shrine across the room that nostalgia didn't go away and I felt my eyes get wet. "Cheer up, Angela." I told myself. "You will not cry. It's not allowed."

Just then I faintly heard a car door slam and a bunch of cheers and excited voices. I didn't feel bothered to go outside just yet and when I noticed how Haruhi was home already I got up to help her with the groceries. The door opened when I was only a few feet away and I came face to face with Haruhi, that blank look on her face. I raised my eyebrow but soon didn't have to ask when: "Ang-chan's here too?!"

I looked down and there was Honey-sempai, looking up at me with a bright smile and huge eyes, he suddenly hugged me. "Hello Honey-sempai." I replied. "Haruhi, you didn't tell us Angela was here." Tamaki-sempai exclaims while he waltzes over to hug me. "I didn't realize I had to notify you on things that aren't your business." Haruhi grumbled. They all walked past us, saying their hellos and thank yous and then bunched up in the room I had just came from, which seemed small now that they were all in it at once.

"Watch out, that lightbulb's just hanging from the ceiling!" Kaoru warned, as if it would be a big problem if it did fall. Tamaki-sempai then told everyone to sit "gym style" as he calls it. I couldn't help but watch as these idiotic boys listened and sat with their knees huddled close to their chests.

"I'm gonna go make some tea." Haruhi grumbled. "Hey, here's an idea, how about you make this. It's Black tea our father got from Africa." Hikaru suggested, I took the package from him and opened it, it smelled half like chamomile. "It's best served as milk tea, do you have milk?" Kaoru asked. It made Haruhi think, "When was the last time I brought milk?"

"Haruhi,you just returned from the market, you didn't think of buying milk then?" I asked, slightly irritated. She ignored me and started making the tea, unknowingly to sempai and the twins who were huddled in some sort of arrangement.

I sighed and sat next to Honey-sempai. When the tea was prepared he excitedly tapped my shoulder while calling my name. I finally turned to him and he smiled brightly as he asked me if I wanted any cake. Reluctant to answer I figured I should eat something, albeit it's necessity. "I'll have the chocolate, sempai." He gladly handed me the slice of cake, which looked and tasted very rich.

"Haru-chan, Haru-chan, do you want cake? Pick a slice, which one do you want?" She thought, "I'll have the strawberry." She replied. From across the table I heard a chorus of "She's so cute." The twins and Tamaki-sempai were wiggling in their seats. I narrowed my eyes and Hikaru caught my look and smirked with a faint blush still on his cheeks. I looked down and continued eating my cake.