The Ancestor of the Green Witch

The woman almost stumbled over her feet and the two rose into action instantly. As Sir Wolfram was reluctant to take us out we went with them. A panicked crowd was outside, screaming for their lord Sullivan's help.

Beside that, the sight in front of us was damaging. A villager lay before us with her dress ripped, showing the pugnant red scars designing her back. She cringed repeatedly.

"This...this has never happened before, sinking their teeth into my villagers!" Lord Sullivan exclaimed. Wth her tiny hands she took out a small bottle full of elixir and poured it on the ailed back all while reciting a spell. The woman's screams could be heard throughout the village.
"Where is your talisman?"

"She said she'd be picking herbs nearby so she left it..."

"Fools! I told you so many times to keep your talismans with you."

I noticed how lord Sullivan had a nervous look on her face. What could stir such a distress if this happened often?

"It might still be here, make more light!"

And I also noticed how Sir Wolfram is the only male of this village. Unless there are gended equality rules I'm unaware of, it's a strange fact.

The villagers immediately scrambled. "What do you think?" Sebastian asked. Young lord speculated, examining the wounds which seemed to run deeper than they appeared to. "I can't really say anything from the wound alone. Shall I search the forest now?"

"No wait. We can't make any suspicious moves."

But, there could be another beast rpaming about, this could be done by a savage animal. Not that I give the mystical werewolves any doubt.

"It's the wrath of the great werewolves!!" A haggard woman ambled toward us.

"The great werewolves have been angered by our letting outsiders disrupt the forest! Outsiders, hurry up and leave!" She waved about and pointed a crooked finger at us.

"Its because she didnt carry her talisman ! They wont attack if you have a talisman!" lord Sullivan exclaimed.

"Are you protecting the outsiders, Green witch? Have the great werewolves ever laid a hand upon us before? Dont forget the grudge of your ancestors. Dont forget our gratitude and awe of the great werewolves! Foolish outsiders! You have angered the great werewolves! It's all your fault. Your fault!"

This woman was crazy.

"In any case do not leave your homes. If you value your lives do not enter the forest along, at all!" And so, a warning was sent out. I could tell, another probelm was rising soon while I looked as the women struggled to take the victim to medical aid.

At the Green Manor

Lord Sullivan hasnt been around since dinner earlier this evening. Or maybe, I've been out of sight. After the incident I was shown to the main library upon request. Mey Rin and the others think I'm studying for school, why not use them for an extre pair of hands. As long as they don't wreck anything I will be fine.

Bard drops a dusty volume onto the table, making it creak. And as I fan the dirt away I hear Mey-rin exclaim in a wobbly voice.

"Ooooh-Angela, which volume do you want again?"

I purposely put this gentleman on overtime, seeing as how Finny has not made it back yet since I ordered him to find me learning essentials in the upper library. I should have told him to take someone with him. Tanaka would have been a wonderful accompaniment.

We've been in here hours and Finny is still nowhere to be seen. That might become a problem later but maybe he aquired duties from Sebastian.

" 'is this w'at ya want, Angela?" The male asks

"Yes, thank you." I abruptly say and look toward Mey-Rin to dismiss him. He sucks his teeth, a clear sign that my unusual behavior is ticking him off.

In the span of those hours I managed to figure out the technics of German. Now, I can say I'm familiar with the tongue.

But this is not the sole reason I planned to come in here. This was a straight order sent directly to the Queen's Guarddog, I know. And if I'm a Phantomhive servant I must be capable of doing something, which would be nearly impossible if I didn't know the language of the land. I don't wish to be proven useless.

I flupped the volume open and read to myself, no sound coming out of my lips.

Witches, who were once healing aids, were turned against and run out of their villages, whose inhabitants commenced witch hunts. The ones caught were subject to witch trails. This very forest was the refuge for the outlawed witches, who were claimed to be heretics. One sole witch created a contract with the werewolves of this forest by giving it her legs. That sole witch was called the Green witch.

So this witch is lord Sullivan's ancestor. The pieces were still distorted. What the crazy woman said earlier made no sense, or rather, I couldnt find any information that was relevant to a grudge of the green witch's ancestors. What grudge was that woman speaking off?

Suddenly, a motion alerted me and I looked up out the window. A black shadow had flashed by, jumping up toward the balcony of young lord's room. I quickly got up, ambling up the stairs.

Sebastian and young lord mut have left earlier to discover on their own, it stirred me the wrong way how they leave without me.  But now that I know German I can be of help.

"Young master," I knocked once and opened the door, not waiting for Sebastian to do so. When I entered it was another sight to behold, and unfortunate sight.

Both young master and Sebastian had welts covering their skin, as placing a melted effect on them.

My eyes widened, "Wha-?"

Wooooo~ I finished! I feel accomplished. Anyway, than you all for reading, commenting and voting. I hope you continue to do so, but most of all enjoy.

Boy, I'm stuffed. Turkey day was good, I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving holiday as well. Next chapter will be up...soon...I hope.