Returning to Japan....A Delight?

Leaving Germany on foot is...how should I say...a pain. But what alleviated it was the thought that I'd see the host club again. They're a bunch that grows on you. I wonder how'd they react to seeing me again. I wouldn't be surprised if they were upset with me. While in Germany I didn't have time to think about the aftermath, but now I can.

Suddenly a strange noise from above sounded. At the moment though, I jumped away from a very close danger. Too slow, I suppose because instantly I was caught in a net.

"What is this?" I asked. A couple appeared from behind the trees. One, a short male, the other a tall male. Both shinigamis. I furrowed my brows in confusion and frustration. "Who are you?"

"Besides the fact that we're shinigamis-"

"I know that." The tall male smirked. "Right, you're a demon. The maid of that boy earlier."

That boy, I instantly knew they were talking of young lord. "Yes, and? Was there a reason to think a malay was necessary to capture me?"

"Not really," the small boy spoke. "But we did want to have a word with you."

"It's not about you, just you're master." the tall one explained. "He spotted us earlier, and only humans that have seen death can see us."

I knew where this was going so I interjected. "And he has two demons as his servants, does the fact that he can see death surprise you?"

"Yes but we want to know how, It says here that his parents died in an awful fire and he just has a very long lineage of dark death." The short one explained, examining the book in his hand. "Do you want to know how not one demon came into his possession but two?" They nodded eagerly at my question.

"Who set you up to this?" I grew skeptical. "No one." If this is out of their own curiosity. I scoffed and tore through the strings.

"I suppose Will is the only decent shinigami there is. I refuse to satiate your curiosity." Then, with that, I sped off. 

"The nerve of some shinigami..." I huffed,. Breezing through another brush I thought of Grell. Rather than being amazed at the fact that I just found out that he was a death god, I was much surprised that he was one. Well, he did seem unstable even in guise, very suicidal indeed to become a death god.  And even so, if we do meet, will I recognize him? My thoughts were with me all the way to Tokyo. 

It was very hot, but it was humid when I left too. Rather so, I'll admit that I'm troubled by what I did. How will the host club react? I'm afraid to say I don't want to see any of their troubled faces, but it was completely my fault that I put them through distress again.  Somehow, I'm worried, a little anxious maybe. I hated these sudden feelings, figuring how it's been quite a while since I've felt them.  So much so, I backtracked as I walked past a ramen shop. Considering how long I've stayed in Japan and will be staying I've never tried it. 

"I might as well get accustomed to the meal." I seated myself on one of the stools lining the counter and a jovial looking tanned man came up to me. "Have you made your order? What do you want?" 

I was left speechless because in the short 13 seconds I seated myself I didn't have time to decided on my food.  I looked up at the board above and selected miso ramen. "Um...number 7...?" 

His smile faltered, "Is that a question...or...?" I shook my head, suddenly feeling flustered. "Number 7 please." He nodded  and went to the back. I let out a breath of air and looked around at the clusters of persons in booths and on stools.  

"Do you think she's cosplaying?" 

"Who though?" 

I heard from a group of girls in high school uniforms. I turned and knew they were talking about me from the looks of it. It was amusing how they thought I would ever cosplay--I remembered back in the host club when in fact I would and stopped sneering. I cleared my throat and waited patiently for my soup. 

When it arrived in front of me the steam hit my face. I took a while to examine it. The yellow yolk inside the egg, the scatter of the scallions and leeks, even the thick slices of pork. The noodles were illumionosly yellow and I found so many ways in how Sebastian could do better, or even me. I sighed and picked up the chopsticks and placing the noodles on the spoon. Lifting it up to my lips I was not expecting anything at all. But when it entered my mouth it were as if my taste buds were resurrected. 

"Oh my...." I dropped my utensils on the tray and stared at the dish. What looked to be so disastoriously horrid was delightfully enjoyable. What kind of creation is this? Did this come from the heavens? The splash of miso brings the nuance of the salt sprinkled at the bottom, and brings a complex of its taste. It was a pleasant guest. Almost instantly and readily I continued to eat, noticing the spiciness to it.  I might need to tip the chef and the owner!

In my pleasure I looked up at the screen above the counter and saw that the news was airing. 

"The case of arson is still under investigation. At the moment the scene of the crime--" I  continued eating my noodles. Suddenly, my moments of pleasure were ruined when I looked up again a video of a very familiar location surrounded by firemen and police and a few others. It was very familiar. So familiar that I choked on my dish and dropped my utensils for the second time. I ran out of the shop only to faintly hear the yells of the owner. 

I was seething mad, angry even. Not having a home to stay in, abandoning the most precious meal I've tasted, whoever resorted me to this will die an immensely painful death!

Okay, so, the arc is officially finished! Who do you think burned her mansion?--if indeed it was intentional. There will be a new character soon too, lol, you guys guess who it is. Anyway, I've a lot of ideas for the following chapters. And bring up some suggestions too, I'm always open.