XLII

Kellin's POV

My hand runs over the warm rock and I imagine Vic to be there, where he once was.

I can hear the seagulls squawking and the serene repetitive sounds of the waves hitting the peer. The sun shines down on me and the warmth is comfort, and this is heaven.

This is enough to make me forget about what happened. Or more so to ignore it for the time being. I doubt I'll ever forget it.

I suddenly remember the last time I was here. It was a beautiful night and Vic was between my thighs as his hands roamed my naked body.

And then it becomes difficult to ignore what happened. My happy memories are poisoned with the traumas of last night, the traumas that brought me here. Hands are all over me once again, but they're no longer Vic's. And the aching in my rear, and my thighs, and my jaw, becomes unbearable.

"Kellin?"

Tay.

Her voice is enough to distract me from those traumas again, and I'm subconsciously relieved.

I sit up and watch the pretty woman walk cautiously over to me.

"Vic said you'd be here." she smiles relieved.

I pull my legs up to my chest as she sits down next to me.

"Vic's not real." I tell her.

She looks broken by my statement.

"Of course he is. Look." she reaches towards me but I flinch and push her hand away.

A confused expression makes it's way to her face.

"Kell, it's just me. I'm not going to hurt you." she says.

She reaches towards me again so I let her and she grabs the locket from around my neck that I forgot was there. She flips it open and I see the photo of Vic and I.

"He is real. He's right there with you, Kells." she says.

I pick up the locket in my hand and stare at the picture. He is real. He came to see me last night. He brought me lots of yummy food and Aladdin.

I turn around and find the backpack I brought with me. I open it up and pull out the chocolate Mama put in there. I start eating it and Tay smiles softly.

"You can't just run away like that, honey." she says. "Everyone was so worried."

I just shrug and look down at my sleeves. I notice that I'm wearing Vic's hoodie even though it's warm out. I grab some of the material and bring it to my nose. My heart aches at Vic's scent.

"I'm going to have to take you back." Tay says.

My eyes go wide as I drop the chocolate and the hoodie.

"No, you cant do that. Please don't take me back there. They hurt me, Tay." I panic.

Her eyes go soft.

"You can handle it, Kells. Just for a little longer. You lived with your parents for so long, this must be nothing compared to what they put you through." she says.