XXVI

Vic and I are walking through the hall when suddenly I feel the neck of my shirt get yanked from behind.

I feel myself get pushed face first into a locker and I suddenly feel like I'm back at my parents house.

"Alex, get your fucking hands off of him." Vic yells. 

"Why should I? This fuck was screwing around with my girl." Alex hisses.

"He didn't do anything with her." Vic shouts. "He didn't even kiss her."

"Bullshit!" Alex spits, slamming my head into the locker.

"I didn't." I cry. "I promise."

"You want to know who kissed her? I kissed her." Vic says.

Alex's grip loosens on me but he doesn't let go.

"You kissed her?" he asks.

"Just ask her. I kissed her. Let go of Kellin because he did nothing wrong." Vic sighs.

Alex drops his hands and I turn around, wiping the tears from my face in the process.

Vic's being held back by three of Alex's friends.

"Go wait by the car, Kellin." Vic tells me.

"Not so fast." Alex smirks. "He can watch."

One of Alex's friends let's go of Vic and grabs me from behind, holding me so I can't move.

"Please just leave him out of this. He did nothing wrong." Vic says pleadingly.

Alex snorts before he punches Vic in his stomach.

I cry out watching Vic groan in pain.

"Please stop. Please don't hurt him." I beg.

Alex punches Vic in the face, a smirk on his lips as he does so.

"Please." I beg.

Alex hits Vic over and over again until he's bloody and crying and all I can do is watch.

I notice a teacher come out of a nearby classroom. A small feeling of relief falls over me but it is short-lasted as he looks over at the commotion but retreats back into the classroom, leaving me confused. Isn't he going to help us?

After one last blow to the face, Alex gives his friend a nod who then drops Vic. I'm finally let free and I rush right over to Vic who's cowering on the ground.

Alex and his friends are laughing as they leave.

"Vic," I choke out, tears falling down my face. "Vic, are you okay?"

He shakily pushes himself off the floor enough to sit up. He has blood pouring out of his nose and into his mouth. He holds his sleeve up to his nose and closes his eyes as he nods.

"Yeah I'm okay." he whispers out in a raspy voice. "Are you okay?"

I shake my head and throw my arms around him.

"That was horrible." I choke out.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." Vic whispers, holding me close to him.

"I hate him." I sob.

Vic just shushes me softly and runs his fingers through my hair. I don't understand how he's so calm. How is he so okay with this happening?

"Vic, we have to tell Mama and Papa." I sniff.

He sighs and shakes his head.

"It's fine, Kell." he whispers.