XII

When I wake up, Vic's not asleep next to me anymore which saddens me a little but then again, Vic's always an early riser. I get out of bed with a smile on my face. I go down to the bathroom and shower then I come out and go downstairs where I can smell breakfast being cooked.

As I'm walking down the stairs, I begin to get a little paranoid. What if Vic has changed his mind overnight? I swallow my doubt and just go into the kitchen. Vic's sitting at his normal chair eating bacon and eggs and Mama and Papa are sipping coffee while talking to each other.

"Morning." I smile as I sit down in the chair next to Vic's.

"Morning Kiddo." Papa says. "How did you sleep?"

I feel Vic grab my hand from under the table making my stomach flip.

"Well." I answer simply.

"That's good. You seem a lot happier this morning, are you feeling better?" Papa asks and I nod. "Good good, the beach must have done you good."

I blush thinking about what happened at the beach and I nod.

"What would you like for breakfast Kell?" Mama asks. "There's bacon and eggs there or would you like me to make you something else?"

"Bacon and eggs please." I smile and she nods.

Papa and Mama then get up and leave the room, going into the kitchen to get me breakfast. I turn my head toward Vic and he immediately grabs the back of my neck and kisses me softly. I kiss back, feeling all my previous worries float away. When Vic pulls away he places another kiss on my nose.

"I've been wanting to do that all morning." He breathes and I blush. "So now that you've slept on it, do you still want to be my boyfriend?" Vic asks as he starts eating again.

He eats with one hand and holds my hand with the other.

"Yep, still do." I grin.

"Good." He grins back.

He kisses my cheek one last time before Mama and Papa renter the room. He drops my hand as Papa places a plate in front of me. I thank Mama and Papa before I start eating. When they sit back down across from us, Vic links his fingers back with mine. I have to stop a smile from falling onto my face. I can't help the blush.

"Honey, when do you think you'll be okay to go back to school?" Mama asks in a soft comforting voice.

I feel Vic give my hand a little squeeze making me internally smile.

"Monday should be fine." I murmur knowing that Mama, Papa and Vic would all want me at school.

"Are you sure? It's fine if you're not ready. We don't want to freak you out or anything. I feel like we rushed you off to school before you were ready." She explains.

"No it's okay. I can handle it." I smile, even though I'm not entirely sure but I'll give it a go and try my best.

"Good good. I'm proud of you Kell. I'm glad that you're coming out of your shell." Papa grins.

"Thank you for giving me the, um, op-opportunity to do all these things." I murmur, becoming slightly frustrated with myself as I have trouble pronouncing the word.

"You're welcome Kiddo. We're just giving you the opportunities you're entitled to." He explains.

We all finish our breakfast and then Mama and Papa announce that they're going to see family who live in another city so they're going to be gone all day.