XXI

Vic holds my hand as he leads me through the mall. I'm having the best day so far and Vic's mood seems to have improved dramatically since this morning.

I guess I just like being alone with him, well as alone as I can be in a mall full of thousands of people. But I guess that's what I like about Vic, he makes me feel like we're the only two people on the planet. He makes me feel comfortable. Don't get me wrong, I love being around Mama and Papa but alone time with Vic is just so special.

So far, I've bought nothing with my money; I have no idea what to spend it on. I want to buy Vic something and I want to by Mama and Papa something but I don't know what.

We're walking past the record shop and Vic stops.

"Do you mind if we go in here for a second?" He asks and I shake my head.

He pulls me into the store and I follow him down an isle where he starts looking at CDs.

"Which one do you want?" I ask curiously as he picks up a CD.

"This one." He frowns. "I'll get it another day."

I snatch the CD from his hands and march right up to the counter, placing the CD down where a girl takes it and scans it.

"Baby, you don't have to. Its your money. Buy yourself something." Vic frowns.

I shake my head and kiss his cheek as the girl tells me the CD costs ten dollars. I take out my money and hand it to her. She puts it in the cash register, handing me the change and then handing me the now-bagged CD. I give Vic the bag as we leave the store.

"You really didn't have to do that." Vic sighs.

"I wanted to." I chirp. "Its a little thank you for being amazing."

"You're the amazing one." He grins giving me a look of admiration. "Thank you Kells, this was a sweet gesture. Come on, I'll buy you lunch and some ice-cream."

Excited, I take his hand again as we head towards the food court.

On our way there, someone bumps into me pretty hard and knocks me over. I look up and immediately recognize the person as Alex. I start shaking in fear but then Vic grabs the front of Alex's shirt, slamming him into the wall behind him.

"Touch him again and I will kill you." Vic spits.

"Tell me Vic, does your parents know about your disgusting attraction to the same sex?" Alex smirks.

"Don't fucking test me, Gaskarth." Vic hisses.

Alex just smirks and shakes himself from Vic's grip before walking off. Once he's gone, Vic's immediately by my side helping me up.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asks frantically.

I shake my head, swallowing a lump in my throat.

"I think I'm fine." I whisper, although I'm still shaking.

Vic leads me over to a nearby bench and sits me down.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asks again, wrapping his arms around me.

"Yeah." I breathe. "Just a little shaky."

I rest my head against his shoulder as he rubs my back to calm me down. It works because within minutes I've stopped shaking and I'm feeling quite alright. I pull back from Vic's arms and press my lips to his. He cups my face and breaks the kiss giving me a curious look.

"Thank you for sticking up for me." I smile.

"Anytime Kells." He murmurs, pecking my lips then helping me stand back up.