IV

"What do you mean you don't know how to play truth or dare?" Vic asks seeming astounded.

"I've never played it before." I shrug looking at him.

"Okay, so basically I ask you truth or dare and you pick one. Truth is where I ask you a question and you have to answer it truthfully. Dare is where I tell you to do something and you have to do it. It's pretty simple." He explains and I nod.

"So you want to play?" He asks sounding a little hopeful and I nod feeling a little excited. I haven't played a game since fourth grade, can you blame me?

He sits up and crosses his legs so that he's sitting across from me.

"I'll go first. Truth or dare?" He asks and I bite my lip thinking.

"Truth." I decide.

"What's your favorite color?" Vic asks.

"Yellow." I chirp and Vic looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Yellow? Yellow is like the worst color." He frowns.

"No, it's happy." I smile though I feel slightly offended. Yellow is a great color.

He laughs and shakes his head.

"Whatever." He chuckles. "It's your turn."

"Truth or dare?" I ask and he instantly answers with truth.

There's a million questions that I want to ask him but most of them are none of my business so I just ask what his favorite movie is.

"Wayne's World." He answers straight away.

"I've never seen it." I comment though I've barely seen any movies so I'm not surprised.

"Really? We have to watch it." He grins and I nod, looking forward to it.

The game goes on and we get into more serious, personal questions neither of us picking dare once.

"I guess that we're just playing truth." Vic chuckles and I nod grinning like an idiot at his laugh. "Okay, have you ever had a girlfriend before?"

I shake my head and Vic nods.

"What about a crush?" Vic asks and I shake my head again.

"You're joking right? You've never had a crush before?" I once again shake my head.

"Tell me that you've at least kissed someone before." He says.

"Well, there was this one time in fourth grade." I shrug hesitantly.

He nods and I decide that it's my go before he asks me any questions about the kiss.

"So have you ever kissed someone before?" I ask and Vic nods.

"Yep, loads of times." He says then I start to feel bad about myself again. "Though none of them ever meant anything."

Something glimmers inside of me when he says that but I don't know why.

"So tell me about this one kiss that you had." Vic chuckles and my stomach churns. What will he think of me?

"It, it was alright I guess." I mumble just hoping that he'll drop the subject.

"Come on, you have to give me more than that. What was her name?" Vic asks and tears fill my eyes as I feel myself starting to shake.

"H-his name." I correct him clearing my throat slightly.

"Oh it was a guy." Vic mumbles looking at me surprised.

I can't help the few tears that fall from my eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Vic asks and I shake my head.

"I've ruined everything. Now you're going to hate me." I say choking out a sob.

"I'm not going to hate you Kells, what makes you think that?" He whispers wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"My parents hated me." I mumble and he looks at me sadly.

There's a little silence as he bites his lip looking at me, a blank expression on his face.

"So are you gay or bi, or something?" Vic asks seeming curious.

"I-I don't know." I say truthfully having no idea what either of those are.

"Well, if you're gay then you only like guys. And if you're bi then you like girls and guys. There's a lot more but bi and gay are the main ones." Vic explains.

I think about it for a minute as I play with my jeans, kind of missing the hole that was on my old pair. It was always a good distraction. I look back up at Vic, coming to a conclusion quite quickly.

"I-I think I'm gay." I stutter. I don't think I have ever liked a girl before and I don't think I ever will to be honest.

"Oh that's cool. Being gay isn't something that you should be ashamed of, Kellin. You should never feel bad for being yourself, okay?" Vic says seriously and I nod.

"Are you..." I trail off and Vic looks uncomfortable.

"No, I like girls." He says quickly.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I murmur.

He gives me a light smile and an uncomfortable silence fills the room. I get the feeling that the game is over. Dammit I've ruined everything. He's just being nice. He hates me. I know it.

"We should go to sleep, it's getting late." He says looking at me, yet avoiding eye contact.

I nod and get off of his bed before going over to my own. I get under the covers and lie down on the pillow, something that I'll never get used to. Vic turns the lamp off and I try to sleep but the thought of Vic hating me is clouding up my mind. I spend the most of the night tossing and turning worriedly before Vic snaps at me.

"Kellin, sit the fuck still and go to sleep." He groans and I let out a scared whimper.

"O-okay. S-sorry." I stutter and Vic sighs.

"I'm sorry that I scared you or whatever. What's wrong? You seem restless." He asks now seeming concerned rather than angry.

"It's n-nothing." I lie not wanting to tell him and he sighs again.

"Is it the nightmares? You can come sleep here with me if you want." He suggests.

"C-can I?" I stutter even though it's not the nightmares bothering me. I just find sleeping more comfortable with him.

"Yeah, of course. Come here." He says, pulling his covers off.

I smile and get out of my bed before going over to his. He moves over so I have room and I slide in next to him. He then wraps the duvet tightly around me as he brushes some hair out of my face.

"You've got nothing to be scared of, okay? Especially not of me. I'm sorry I haven't been the most comforting person and I've gotten annoyed with you over nothing then I hit you. I'm so sorry." He apologizes, getting more and more upset with every word.

"No, no. You haven't done anything wrong." I mumble and he looks away avoiding eye contact with me once again.

"It's nearly 4am and I have school in a few hours. We should go to sleep." He says changing the subject and I nod knowing that he's right.

I expect him to roll over but he doesn't. He just closes his eyes so his face stays right near mine. I close my eyes too, feeling very comfortable being so close to him.

"Goodnight Kellin." He mumbles and I feel his breath tickle my lips making me blush for some reason.

"Goodnight Vic." I whisper before I soon fall asleep.