Chapter 27

😈

I was driving myself insane. I was basically sitting here debating with myself. Should I just go see him or should I just stay here?

God why must I be so stubborn?

But I need to go for what I want right? What am I waiting for?

"Ugh." I groaned.

I ran over to my dresser and pulled out a pair of jeans and slipped them on. I put on a T-shirt and pulled my grey American Eagle hoodie over it while I slipped on my black and white rain boats and grabbed my keys.

I ran out of my room, tip toed down the stairs and out the front door. I noticed the rain had picked up.

"Shit." I complained.

I pulled my hood over my head and stepped off of the porch. The rain smashed against my hoodie, practically soaking it before I even got to the next block. I began picking up my pace, nearly running down the dark street.

A growl erupted from the trees, causing me to stop instantly. Out of the thick trees appeared a wolf, a familiar one.

"Brent?"

He ran over to me and stopped, like he wanted to know where I was going. I never really noticed how huge he was until he was right in front of my face. He was my height.

"Im going to see Jason."

He nodded his head once then he knelled down in front of me.

"What?" I stared at him confusedly. "I hope you don't want me to hop on your back?"

He huffed at me. He nodded his head at me again. The last thing I ever thought about doing in my entire life was ride a damn wolf.

"Fine." I pointed my finger at him. "Only because its raining."

I walked closer. Swinging my leg over him, I sat down hesitantly on his back. He stood up with me. I gripped his fur tightly because I knew this wasn't going to be a safe ride.

He took off running, causing me to gasp. He ran into the woods, in the direction of the house. We dodged tree branches and tree trunks, wind and water splashed on to my face. I laid my face down into his fur, hiding from the pouring rain. He was running fast yet elegant and graceful, forcing me realize how beautiful they are.

We ran through the exit of the trees and landed in the backyard of Jason's house. Brent ran up to the porch and knelled down to allow me to get off.

"Thank you Brent." I smiled. "But we are never doing that again."

He huffed at me again and turned away. Running back in to the woods, he disappearing behind the thick trees.

I walked in to the sliding doors to a warm, comfortable kitchen. It was empty so I was guessing everyone was either sleeping or out for the night. I removed my wet hoodie, throwing it on to a near by chair.

I walked out of the kitchen and into the hall, I turned and walked up the spiral staircase that led to the second floor.

My heart was racing, pounding against my chest and I don't know why. I just felt so nervous for some reason. I reached Jason's room. Turning the door knob, I slipped in. I closed the door behind me. His shower was running, informing where he was.

His room looked horrible. The room was lit with a single dim lamp that was missing a lamp shade. There were holes in the walls in different spots, which left chunks of broken debris on the floor. The only thing that even looked decent was his bed which was made up decently like he never slept in it.