CHAPTER 33

JASON POV

Brent and I allowed James to guide us in pursuit of finding my mate. He managed to lead us to a secluded home. Deep in the trees, enclosed in the dense part of the woods. The house looked abandoned. The windows were broken but boarded up with wood and metal. The paint was left to chip off every part of the house, exposing the red brick that rested under it. It looked shitty and I couldn't stand the thought of my mate being in there.

"Shes in there?" I asked James. He nodded his head. I stood up to proceed to the house but was tugged back.

"What are you doing?" Brent pointed toward the rogues that were guarding the house.

"Im going to get her." I hissed.

"Not now."

"What the hell do you mean? I cant stand having her spend another minute in there." I snatched my arm away from him.

"Jason listen. Think logical. If you walk over there and start killing off rogues, that will put you, us, and especially our Luna in danger. We have to plan right. Get the rest of the pack and attack smart."

I wanted to punch him in the face for stopping me but he was right. I don't know their purpose of taking her but it had something to do with me. Attacking now could possibility mean retaliation by killing her on the spot. I couldn't live with that, without her.

"Okay. But at sunrise, we move." I demanded. Brent and James nodded their head in agreement.

"Tell the pack. I want them here immediately."

I will kill every rogue in that house if anyone touched or hurt her. I don't care if I have to die doing it.

***********

ANIYAH POV

"Is it blue?"

"Nope."

"Is it..green?"

"No."

"What the hell is it then." I laughed at Zeiden.

"My favorite color is red Aniyah."

"Well you act like I was going to automatically know that." I laughed.

Being held captive is one of the most traumatic, scariest, horrible things but I have to admit, having Zeiden here was keeping me from going insane. He reminded me of Brent, funny and always joking, someone who keeps your mind away from the negativity.

I leaned my head back and stared up at the ceiling, my mind drifting back to Jason, the pack, and my mother. For a while, Zeiden helped me clear my mind but it would never go away. Thinking of them pains me, I was missing them.

"Are you okay?" Zeiden asked.

I looked at him and gave him a look that read 'are you serious?' as I held up my arms, revealing the cuffs.

"Oh...yeah." He frowned as he looked at the floor.

"Zeiden?"

"Yes?" His head shot up.

"Why are you here? I mean, with them." I had to ask. They obviously didn't care how they treated him and it hurts to me to see it.

"I just-" He sighed as he struggle to find the right words. "Alana is my sister Aniyah."

I shook my head in disbelief. How can someone as nice as him come from the same gene pool as that witch?

"Is that why you stay?"

"My sister and I were born rogues, we didn't choose it. When my mother died, we were only ten. My mother made me promise to watch her. After a few months we met Kane. He took us in. My sister followed him down the path of hate, torture, and domination. I stayed the same. Even though I hate her change, what could I do? I couldn't leave, I had nowhere to go. A rogue traveling alone would only get us killed by a pack."

He was sort of right. His sister was already corrupted. It was out of his hands but I will not let him be abused and tortured.

"Zeiden?" He looked at me. His eyes filled with hurt. He was lost and I could see it.

"If I don't make it, join my pack."

"What? I cant do that. They wouldn't even accept a rogue."

"Im the Luna so I accept it. I accept you." I smiled.

"I cant. I cant leave my sister, I just cant."

"Zeiden. You did all you can do. Do not suffer for her anymore. You need to be happy. Be with people who will appreciate you."

He thought for a moment. A guessing fighting a mental debate. He shook his head and stood up. He walked over to the door and looked back at me.

"I just cant."

He walked out the door, leaving me alone again.

***********

I was standing there, staring at my mother as she wiped her eyes. She was wearing all black as tears flowed down her cheek. Sitting next to her was my friend Jess, crying hysterically. On the other side of her was Keira, and Keisha, their eyes red and puffy. They were facing me, looking right through me, their eyes focused on whatever was behind me.

I turned around to look at what had them so upset. I turned to see a casket, surrounded by white and red roses. I walked to it, obviously knowing who laid in it. I looked inside.

It was me.

I could see my lifeless body, resting peacefully in a casket. All I could do was watch myself and listen to the people around me morn me.

"ANIYAH!"

I could hear someone calling for me repeatedly, trying to get my attention but I couldnt take my eyes off of the casket.

"Aniyah?"

"Ssshhh." Was all I could say to the voice.

"Aniyah, Aniyah."

"Aniyah, Aniyah." I shot up from mattress. My eye sight a blur, I looked up the knelling figure in front of me.

"W-what?"

"Aniyah get up!" He grabbed my arms, fiddling with the chains.

"What?" He unlatched the hand cuffs and chains that bonded me to the wall. He pulled me up to my feet. I wobbled around a little, my legs were weak from lying down on the mattress for so long.

"Come on." He looked at me. His eyes burning with anticipation. He picked me up into his arms and held on to me tightly.

"Whats wrong Zeiden?"

"Im getting you out of here."