Chapter 17

JASON'S POV

I was feeling the pressure. It felt as though everything was crashing down on me at once. My un-marked mate. Vampires. My home. I was carrying a weight on my shoulder that I know would break me sooner or later.

I walked out of my office and headed back over to Aniyah's room to find her. She wasn't there but the smell of her scent still lingered in her room. I walked downstairs and in to the kitchen to see Keira and Keisha sitting at the table.

"Keira, where's Aniyah?" I opened the refrigerator and pulled out a bottle of water.

"Um she had to go to her house to get more clothing." She didn't sound to truthful, and by the sound of both of their racing heartbeats, I knew she wasn't.

"Where is she Keira?" I asked again. I knew she couldn't keep anything a secret for long. Especially from me.

"I-I just told you, she went to her house."

"If she did, whose escorting her? I told you shes not allowed out without someone." I began getting angry, not just because they were lying, but because my mate was somewhere alone with vampires looking for her.

"WHERE IS SHE?!" Loosing control of myself, I slammed my fist on to the kitchen counter. I watched Keira flinch, letting me know she was ready to crack.

"She-she went.....out."

"KEIRA, DO NOT PLAY WITH ME!!"

"She went out....on....a...date." She knew she caved and I could see she was upset by it. Honestly, her wolf would not allow her to disobey nor lie to me.

"WHAT?!!" My anger was at an all time high now. So my mate is somewhere... with a another man? No one is allowed to touch her. NO ONE!

I could feel myself being overtaken with pure anger and disbelief. I growled out as stormed out of the kitchen back doors.

I leaped from the patio. Landing in the smooth, moist grass, I stormed in the direction of the deep woods ahead of me. I could start to feel my body heating up, my skin on fire as my wolf took control.

I could feel my bones starting to shift unnaturally, relocating in differently places. My knees bent backwards as I bent forward, landing on my hands which were now forming into paws.

In full wolf form, I lunged into the woods in direction of town, sniffing the air for the scent of her.

Meet me in town and bring the truck I mind linked Brent.

Okay.

Please don't do anything idiotic Kiera mind linked me.

I shut everyone out. Picking up I speed, I could feel my muscles straining to get me where I wanted to be.

I made it to the edge of town. Hidden deep in thickened woods, I searched the area from a distance. I stayed low, avoiding the chances of being seen.

I saw Brent pull up in my truck. Hopping out, he ran over to me and tossed a pair of shorts and sneakers my way. I quickly shifted back into human form. I put on my little clothing before I slipped from the trees unknowingly. 

Enraged, I searched for her. Some people were starring at me with worried eyes, while girls starred at me like a piece of meat with flirty intentions. I walked around wryly, looking in windows, around corners, even sniffing the air for her scent but it was hard. It would've been easier if I marked her but I didn't yet.

Then something caught my eye. I looked in to the window of a restaurant called Cheree', my eyes instantly locking on to my mate with some....guy?!. My anger rose again, clouding my head with pure darkness.