CHAPTER 10

"Okay, Aniyah, I left money on your card and emergency numbers in your wallet." My mom informed me as she ran around like a chicken with its head cut off.

"Okay." I said, picking up my duffle bags.

"I dropped Drea off at Samantha's dog care so if you want to see her, the number is in your wallet also."

"Okay."

My mother picked up her suitcases and walked out the front door with me not too far behind. Waiting outside was a cab she had called that would take her to the airport. Keira was waiting as well. She handed her suitcases to cab driver then turned toward me.

"Okay Aniyah I love you and be safe. I'll be back next Sunday at the latest."

"Mom. Okay. Have fun." I said. Even though it was exclusively business, I just hoped she could find some time to have a little fun.

She smiled at me and gave me a quick hug. She waved at Keira then hopped into the cab. The cab peeled off and I watched it until it disappeared down the street.

I picked up my duffle bags and tossed them in to the back of Keira's car and I sat in the front passenger side. Keira started the ignition and sped off.

"Hey, let's go get something to eat." Keira insisted.

"Yeah, let's go to Bites again, there food is pretty good."

"I knew you would love it greedy." she laughed.

Within a few minutes, we were pulling up in the parking lot. We hoped out and ran in. We ordered the same thing we ordered before, double bacon cheesy burger and a chocolate chip cookie dough milkshake.

I LOVE COOKIE DOUGH!

"Fancy seeing you here." I could feel someone leaning over me.

"Oh hey Carl, what are you doing here?"

"Oh just hanging with my brothers." He said pointing toward a wild table. 

"Cool."

"Um Aniyah-umm I was wondering if-if you wanted to hang out sometime, I mean, if you wanted too."

I couldn't help but smile at him a little. I watched as his face turned red in nervousness and how his hands got fidgety. It was like watching a five year old ask for a cookie before dinner. It was cute.

"Um sure." I agreed.

I heard a low mumble escape Keira lips but I ignored it.

"Okay cool, I'll text you later on to night then?" He seemed relieved.

"Great."

He smiled before he walked back over to his booth with his brothers then sat down. The waiter returned with our food and we headed back to the car. She started the car and flew out the parking spot.

"I'm fucking starving." I began to rummaging through my bags. I looked at Keira.

She looked strange, almost upset. She was gripping the steering wheel tightly and clinching her jaw. She looked a little disturbed.

"Are you okay?" I asked, a little confused as to why she looked so damn angry all of a sudden.

"Why did you agree to that date?" she questioned me.

"Well I don't know. I guess I thought it would be fun."

"No Aniyah."

"Why is it such a problem?" I snapped.

She let out a sigh then began to calm down; loosening her grip on the wheel. Her eyes went from anger to sorrow and she exhaled.

"Look, I just don't think it's a good idea to go out with him. For his sake."