Chapter 29

*
Rise and shine. For the first time, I didn't mind the rays of sun shining in to my room from the window. I just felt so well rested and relaxed. I even managed to wake up before my alarm woke me. Thats a first.

I rolled over and noticed I was sleeping alone now. Sighing out, I suddenly felt alone, empty, lonely. I unlocked my phone to read a text message from a unknown number:

'Baby I had to go but I promise Ill get you after school. I love you. ❤️'

I knew who it was from. I just couldn't help but smile. He was a sweetheart and it made me happy.

I stood up and skipped over to my bathroom. I showered, dressed and skipped down to the kitchen to greet my mother.

"You're looking happy this morning." She smiled.

Thats because I was. Normally, I wasn't a morning person but this morning I was feeling... Alive.

"Lets just say Im feeling different."

She looked at me curiously then finished munching on her bagel. I pulled a granola bar out of the cabinet and a bottle of water out of the refrigerator. My mother picked up her purse and coffee and we walked out to the car to together.

"So mom, how did you meet this Chris guy?" I asked curiously.

"Well, he's the CEO of the corporation, that you already know. A few weeks ago he came down to the floor to do some evaluations and he approached me and asked me out on a date. At first I told him it wasn't a good idea but he was so persistent. So I agreed to go on one date and I enjoyed it." She smiled.

She looked so excited about it and all I could do was smile for her. After all the things she has done for everyone else, she deserved some happiness on her side.

"Good for you mom." She looked at me shockingly. I guess she wasn't expecting me to be so optimistic about it but I thought it was best to be for her. She has been through alot.

We pulled up in front of my school and I hopped out. I looked up at the school and for the first time, I wasn't dreading this day. I walked in to the building with a pep in my step and a smile on my face.

"Why do you look so goofy this morning?" Keira laughed as I approached my locker. All I could do was laugh with her. To everyone that was looking at me, I probably looked like a creep that was anxious to get to class to learn.

"No reason." I laughed.

"Mhm." Keisha smiled.

"Seriously. Im just feeling energized."

"I thought Jason would have tired you out." Keisha laughed and winked.

"I said not while Im around, he's my brother damn it." Keira hissed.

"Okay okay. We are not going to talk about it." I reassured her.

We were finishing up our conversation when the bell rung for us to head to class. Separating from the group, I walked to my first period class and was greeted by a smile.

"Good morning Carl?" I took my seat next to him.

"You're looking super happy this morning." He found my cheerfulness amusing.

"Just feeling less tired and more energized."

"Good for you."

We turned to face the teacher as he began his lecture for the day. I could barely pay any attention because I was to busy daydreaming about my weekend. Seeing Jason, the amazing date, the amazing sex. I was on cloud nine.