Chapter 23

KEIRA POV

Things were completely fucked up for our pack. We were weak and drained without our Luna and it was eating us up. Keisha and I thought it was best to go back to school, for Aniyah's sake.

Friday morning Keisha and I stood patiently by Aniyah's locker, waiting for her to get to school like we usually did.

"Sooo how are you feeling?" I asked Aniyah as she walked up to us.

"Never better." She said, trying her best to sound perky. I could obviously hear the lie in her voice. She felt like shit just like the rest of us.

"Okay." I said. She turned around to smile but I could see the struggle behind it.

***********************

Once our first few classes were out of the way, it was lunch time. Keisha and I made it to lunch before Aniyah did so we could get a good booth. Away from everyone else.

The smell of Aniyah filled my nose, alerting me she was comming into the lunch room. I looked as she entered.

She was practically killing herself. Her skin looked like she belonged with the blood suckers, the makeup she was wearing was attempting to hide the bags under her eyes, her hair looked like she haven't really tended to it in days. She even looked like she haven't been eating too well.

"Hey ladies?" She slid in across from me, next to Keisha.

"Hey?" I gave her a smile that I struggled to muster up. "Are you hungry?"

"No not really." She sighed.

I was tired of this. She needed to eat something. Her body was basically eating her from the inside.

I sighed.

"I know you haven't been eating right and you need to." I complained.

"Fine." She dropped her head. I could she did not was to argue with me for the tenth time this week about it. She stood up and walked over to the kiosk and ordered her something.

She came back with a bottle of a water, chips, and a hoagie. I watched as she unwrapped it, taking a bit out of it.

She continued to chew, despite the sickening face she made every time she ate a piece.

"Whats wrong?" Keisha asked.

"Nothing, my stomach just isn't liking anything right now."

"Your stomach.... or your heart?" I asked.

She stared at me then quickly looked away from me.

She wasn't fooling us at all. Keisha and I have been there done that. We knew how it felt to be away from our boyfriend, our mate, our love. It hurts more then anything. They were destined to be together but she just didn't know it yet.

Is she okay? His voice was powerful as he entered my head.

Yeah, I guess. I responded back to my brother.

YOU GUESS?! He snapped.

I could not blame him for being antsy. He was just as lost and confused as she was. His only real knowledge of her well being was through us.

Its sad really. Ever since Aniyah's been gone its been all hell in the house. The pack members have been slacking around and Jason's temper has been full throttle.

"WOW." I heard someone say. I snapped back in to reality as I watched Aniyah stare me.

"What?" I stared between Aniyah and Keisha.