CHAPTER 34

JASON POV

EARLIER THAT DAY...

"A group will take north of the house while the rest of us take the south of the house." I was giving my pack and the Golden Wolf Pack the orders they needed. "The rest will make their way into the house, taking out who ever is in there. Once anyone find her, let me know immediately."

"Yes Alpha." They spoke simultaneously.

"We will return her home." I could see the hurt and worry in their eyes. Some of them were hopeful, while others thought of the possibility that their Luna was dead. I wanted to rip them to shreds for thinking that but this was no time to go against each other. We needed unity. Every member in my pack needed their heads on right.

"Shes still alive, I can feel her." I confirmed to them. Their eyes filled with hope and determination to get her back.

They all nodded in agreement as they dispersed from the cabin to prepare for sunrise. I sat down in the chair to try to think. I couldn't. I couldn't think correctly. All I could think about is my mate, the woman I put in danger because I introduced her in to this world.

Honestly I couldn't feel her. I didn't know whether she was alive or not and it scared the shit out of me. If she was a she-wolf, I could feel her, I could sense her. I would be connected to her on a stronger bond.

It pains me, its pains all of us not to have our Luna but my pack and I will fight until shes back with us.

"Jason?" I turned to see Keira walking towards me.

"What?"

"What can I do?" The concern in her voice was noticeable.

"Go back to the house." I demanded.

"But I want- I need to help."

"No."

"Plea-"

"NO, I WILL NOT PUT ANYONE ELSE IN DANGER." I snapped.

She dropped her head and nodded in submission.

"Now, go back home.... for me." Even though she was a great fighter, I couldn't let anything happen to her. She was my sister and I refuse to put anymore of my love ones in danger.

She ran to me and hugged me, embracing me with the love I needed to keep me from going insane.

"Bring her home."

"I will."

She pulled away as she ran out of the cabin, leaving me to gather the thoughts I needed to proceed with my task.

We have to get her back my wolf growled.

I know.

We need her back.

I KNOW!

When she is back, we need to do it.

NO! I hissed.

It would make our mate safer. He was determined to me jump on board with his plan.

I don't want to put her in that pain.

WE NEED TO CHANGE HER!

NO. THATS FINAL. I demanded, dismissing the topic of conversation.

Theres a problem. My wolf picked up on something.

I stood up and walked out of the cabin. A scent of something familiar yet threatening hit me again.

A rogue, Alpha. I was informed.

Brent and Aaron walked up in wolf form, escorting a rouge who was walking in human form.

"We found him wandering around near the border. He wasn't in wolf form. He says he is no threat."

The scent from the rouge smelled just like the scent left in the cabin. The same odor left on my mates slipper. I ran to him, wrapping my hand around his neck. The sound of him gasping for air was all I needed to hear. I wanted him to die, to suffer for taking my mate.

"I came to you for help." He tried to speak but my hold on his neck wouldn't allow him.

"Why would I help you?" My wolf surfaced. He was minutes away from snapping his neck. My wolf just wanted to watch his body die out. He wanted to torture him until his body went cold, lifeless, and bloodless.

"Because we both want the same thing." His eyes were wide. I was hesitant but I released him, allowing him to the drop to my feet.

"Who are you?"

He looked at me as he coughed, trying to control his breathing again to speak out. Wheezing for much needed air, he rubbed his sore throat before he spoke up.

"My name is Zeiden."