CHAPTER 36

I allowed my pack to get some rest before we went for my mate. I needed them on high alert and ready for any situations that may occur.

I sat in my room, thinking. I could wonder how she may be feeling right now. I was struggling. Struggling to hold back the pain and anger that was brewing inside of me.

"Hey Jason?" Aaron walked in, taking a seat next to me. "Its almost time."

"I know."

"Are you sure we can trust this Zeiden guy?"

"No, but do we have a choice?" I spoke sternly.

If we attack suddenly, they would most likely slaughter her, just to see me break. Even though I don't know anything about Zeiden, only that he's a rogue, I have no other options.

Aaron nodded his head in understanding and stood up.

"We are ready when you are." He held his head up high.

"We move now."

*********

We slipped through the woods in the direction of the house where they were keeping my mate.

"Stay out of sight." I warned everyone.

I opened my phone and sent Zeiden a message that we were near. Everything was pitch dark and the only movement were the rogues that stood guard around the house, unaware of the threat hidden in the darkness.

There was a guard only a few feet away from me. I watched him pace back and fourth, eyeing the trees suspiciously.

We don't have time for this. My wolf was getting antsy.

Patience.

No.

I slipped up, allowing him to take full control of everything. I leaped forward, confronting the rouge head on. Within seconds, the sound of his neck snapping popped in my ears. I pulled control back, only to see the lifeless rouge laying at my feet.

"Shit!"

I looked up, only to see a few other rouges watching me.

"Brent?" I spoke, never removing my eyes from the rouges staring at me. "Tell Zeiden to hurry the hell up."

I stood there, waiting for the first move to be made. The rest of my pack slowly emerged from the trees, immediately shifting in to their wolves.

Most of the rouges shifted, while others ran into the house. Im guessing to retrieve backup, but I didn't care because that only meant more bodies for me to leave dead.

"What can I do for you fine gentleman this morning?" A petite women emerged from the house. Her arrogant smile was testing me to rip her face off.

"Well you can start by releasing my mate. Or I can kill you. Which do you prefer?" I stepped closer.

Rogues growled at my actions, forcing my pack to step closer, growling in my defense.

"You must be the big, bad Alpha?" She raised her hand, silencing her rouges like pets.

She walked closer to me, ignoring the growls and huffs from my pack who were seconds away from ripping her to shreds.

"Where is she?"

"I will hand her over." She smiled. "On one condition."

She lifted her hand and placed it on my chest. She slid it across my body seductively, attempting to tease me. Her devilish smile attempting to trap me.