CHAPTER 37

Aniyah POV

I failed!

I failed to get away. I failed Zeiden, I failed my mother, I failed Jason. I failed to get as far away from here as possible.

Shit, who am I kidding. Did anyone really believe I would outrun a werewolf?

I managed to get a mile away before one of Kane's flunkies caught up with me. The asshole sniffed me out, captured me and dragged me back to this old crappy house.

He pulled me in front of Kane who seemed ecstatic I didn't get away. I glanced toward Zeiden who looked defeated and scared that I didn't escape. Kane pushed me to my knees and made me face the man I needed to see.

He was standing only a few yards from us. I tried to drown it all out and just focus on him but all I could hear was the yelling, the growling, the voices going back in forth. One voice belonged to this idiotic monster behind me Kane, and the other belonged to my mate.

I watched as he struggled with hisself. Forcing his wolf back, attempting to keep as calm as possible. However, Kane was beyond pissed.

Whatever happened between them two in the past, sprung back up, leaving us all wondering what the hell is going on.

Rage.

Rage was the only thing Kane was feeling at this point. That made me uneasy. When people get pissed, they begin to do things they don't mean. So I knew this angry man holding a dagger so close to my neck could only mean a devastating fate for me.

I looked at Jason. Even though Kane was yelling at him, he didn't care. He just stared at me. His eyes were like windows, showing everything behind them. Pain. Hurt. Fear.

I knew something bad was to come of this but I didn't want Jason to break down.

I love you was the only words I could mouth to him before Kane tugged my head back, forcing me to look into his demonic eyes.

"Im sorry my dear. He don't deserve happiness." Were the only words that rung in my ear.

I closed my eyes tightly, picturing my last moments with Jason, with my friends, with my mother. Suddenly, I was being tossed down.

What? I was knocked face first in the grass.

I looked up to see what had happened. I looked down to see blood on my clothing and arms. However, it wasn't mine.

But whose?

I looked over to see a wolf on top of Kane, sinking its teeth into his shoulder forcefully.

Who is it?

Whose wolf is it? I looked around to see who could it be. Then it hit me. He was the only one missing.

Zeiden.

Then it all happened.

Wolves emerged from the trees, targeting the rouges as they ran head on. Growls and howls were the only thing I could hear. I was panicking. For some reason, I was overjoyed to see the pack, my family, but it scared me to see them in this situation.

But Jason. Where the hell is he?

I searched for him past the bodies being thrown. Past all the commotion and fighting. I couldn't tell who was who but I needed to find someone familiar.

Then I saw him.

He remand in human form for me. He stalked over toward my direction, pushing past the fighting to get to me. I began crawling toward him until an unavoidable sound pierced my ears. Something I just could not ignore.