Chapter 2

"Niyah, I hope you're up because you're going to make us both late." I could hear my mom's voice echo from the other side of my bedroom door.

"Yeah, yeah I'm up." I lied. Crawling out from under the blankets, I sighed when the sun smacked my face.

"Hurry up." my mom yelled.

Rising from my comforting bed, I dragged myself to the bathroom for my morning shower. Once done in the bathroom, I ran in to my bedroom to dry off and figure out what the hell I was going to wear.

I knew I should have picked something out last night..

In a hurry, I quickly grabbed and put on my tan blouse, my all black high waisted jean shorts, and my tan moccasins.

Finally, no school uniforms.

That was the one thing I dreaded in Philadelphia schools were the uniforms we were required to wear.

I grabbed my make-up bag, my brushes, and my flat iron. Dropping everything on the floor, I plopped down in front of my long mirror. I began applying eye liner, and mascara. I grabbed a few hair ties and decided to put my hair in a high bun.

After about ten minutes of getting my bun in the perfect spot on top of my head, I was done and ready to go. I grabbed my bag, and ran downstairs.
.
"You got five minutes. I'm starting the car." My mother snatched up her car keys from the key rack. She shot me one more demanding look before she stepped out.

"You got five minutes." I said in a mocking tone once she was out of hearing range.

I ran into the kitchen. Keeping things light, I decided to pick up a quick breakfast. Granola bar and a bottle of orange juice. I knew cereal or the usual eggs and bacon was out of the question.

******

After a few moment drive, we pulled up in front of a large three story building. My new jail cell, school.

"Will you be okay from here?" My mom asked, as she silenced the car.

"Okay if I say no, will you take me back home?" I tested.

"Let me think..hmmmm NO." She smiled, clearly amused by my attempts.

"Then I'm fine." Unbuckling my seat belt, I reached for the door handle.

"Once you get in, head for the main office to get your schedule." My mom cleared up as I stepped out of the car. "Ill pick you up around two-thirty okay?"

"Gotcha." I dragged out. Walking up the marble staircase, I made it to the large doors of my prison.

Opening the doors, I walked into the silent entrance way. I assumed most students were in middle of their class.

Using a few signs for directions, I followed it as it led me toward the main office. Once I found the office, I opened to door and stepped in front of the smiling receptionist.

"Hi, what can I do for you?" The woman smiled cheerfully.

Was it possible to look that damn happy in the morning?

"Um yeah, I'm Aniyah Ross, I'm new here."

"OH YES!" She had a squeal in her sweet voice, causing me to flinch a little. "I'm Anna by the way. I have your class schedule right here. We gave you three honor classes. We based it on your transcript that was sent to us from your previous school. Are you okay with that?"

"Yes, that will be fine I guess." I dragged out.

I kind of hated honor classes, but I never failed them. I never failed any classes really. I was never really interested in the actual work it self. I was mostly interested how good it will look on my college applications.