Forty-Four

The taste of morning greeted my mouth as my eyes opened slowly. I blinked as I tried to read the numbers on my alarm clock, but failed due to the fact that I had just woken up. Georgie was still snoring away next to me. I rolled my eyes and got up,as quietly as I could while grabbing my phone, along with my glasses. I put my glasses on, and sat on the couch while scrolling through my texts. One was from Sheldon, another from Kim. I could read that it was about 10:00am. I didn't expect Georgie to get up anytime soon, because let's face it: it's Georgie. My phone rang all of a sudden, and it was Eliza.

"Hey!" I said as I picked up the phone.

"Hey! I heard you got engaged again?" She teased from the other end of the line.

"Yes I did." I replied.

"I heard it from Codey actually."

"I didn't know you guys still talked?"

"Oh no I just ran into him."

"That's nice."

"He told me stuff you know."

"Hey who's on the phone?" Georgie said as we walked into the living room.

"Sorry I'm gonna have to call you back. Bye Eliza!"' I said.

I hung up the phone as quickly as I could.

"Hey look who finally decided to get up." I teased and have Georgie a peck on the cheek.

"Who was on the phone?" Georgie asked while yawning.

"Eliza." I replied causally.

"Oh I see."