Twenty-Eight

Marie Cousins P.O.V
I turned the volume lower so nobody would hear the conversation. To my luck everyone was distracted within their own conversations to even realize that I was video chatting with someone. I had no clue as to how Georgie would react. Not only had Kim done mean things to me, Georgie had his own reasons to express anger towards the girl. So for now, I am keeping my contact with Kim a secret.

"How have you been?" Kim said from the other line finally.

I had always had a loud voice, and when I speak quietly it's not always clear as to what I'm trying to communicate. So instead of getting excited and risking people hearing, I just showed my hand in front of the screen that had the engagement ring on my finger. I turned the volume right off once I could see her open her mouth to let out a loud scream in surprise.

"Yes I'm engaged." I laughed as I turned the volume back up.

"Who are you talking to?" Georgie asked as walked over to me."

Crap.

"Just a friend from Portland." I reply and end the call with Kim and folded my laptop down straight after, to avoid Georgie asking one too many questions or potentially attempting a "mom lecture" on me about good friends and not so good ones. To my luck, Georgie believed the lie about me talking to a friend from Portland. I guess I'll call Kim later, when I don't have to worry about people knowing about our conversation.