Thirty-Four

Marie Cousins P.O.V

I sent about five texts to Kim, and she didn't respond to any of them. I wasn't going to give her the benefit of the doubt, she's a social media freak. There's no way that she wasn't on her phone. Wow. This is my maid of honour. The girl who has now betrayed me. 

I finally got a text back from her. 

Kim:

What?

This is just like old times. I've been through this shit a thousand times. People pretend to not know what your talking about and then play the victim when really they're the villain. 

Me:😒

Kim:

Am I not allowed to hang out with him?

Me:

Uh it's kind of a rude thing don't you think?

Kim:

Not really.

Me:

Whatever. I don't care anymore. Do what you want.

I slammed my phone down on the bedside table next to the bed. I squeezed my eyes shut as I let a tear fall down my face. I saw my phone light up, and I couldn't resist the urge to grab it. 

Instagram

Codey_haynes wants to send you a message

Messages:

Kim- I don't understand why you are so upset about this

I opened messages.

I wasn't sure what to respond to that. How does she not know why I was upset with her?

Me:

How do you not know? It seems pretty clear to me.

I then went to Instagram.

I was greeted by a picture of a garden that one of my friends back in Portland had posted. I clicked on my dms, and saw the request again from Codey's Instagram account. I clicked accept, and just stared at the message, even though it was pretty short and simple.

codey_haynes

Hey! Long time no talk! Kim tells me your engaged! Congrats!

mariecoussins_

Why were you hanging out with Kim?

codey_haynes 

Typing.....