Thirty-Three

Marie Cousins P.O.V
"Nice post." I said to Kim.

"Thanks for the comment." She replied back with a smile.

"You're welcome." I said as Georgie placed his arm around my shoulders. 

"Am I the only one that found it weird how Sheldon and Amy left in a rush?" Kim asked.

"Yeah that is strange." I replied.

"It's Sheldon. He's always weird." Georgie shrugged it off and gave me a quick peck on the cheek. I rolled my eyes and laughed. It's great right now it really is. I have the perfect future husband, my high school best friend is better now, things are great. It's great to have people that you can just be yourself with. 

Just like the summer of 1989.

I wish I knew ahead of time that sometimes it's not a hurricane before a rainbow, it's a rainbow before a hurricane.

-

Once Kim had left, it was already pretty late. I was scrolling through Instagram pictures, same old stuff until I came across a picture on Kim's profile that I did not see coming, that I should have.

It was a picture of her and Codey Haynes. CODEY FRICKEN HAYNES. Guess she thought I would have fallen asleep already, or my phone died, or I wouldn't see it. Georgie was already passed out somehow, and I debated whether or not to wake Georgie up. I decided to let it go for the night and just go to sleep.

I woke up the next morning, and looked over to make sure Georgie was still asleep before grabbing my phone.

I took a screenshot of the post and texted it to Kim.